Quirky quality question on worldtime mode

Thread: Quirky quality question on worldtime mode

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quirky quality question on worldtime mode

OK, I picked up a G-7500 a few weeks ago at one of the local biggie stores, and I noticed something a bit odd about the worldtime on this model. I have my home time set correctly and have the WT set to Honolulu, HW, just cause I want to move there. Anyway, when I flip to WT mode the current time is also shown at the very top of the display, but here's the weird part...the time difference is 6 hours difference, but my watch shows a 5 hour and 58 minute difference!! so when it's 11:23 am here it reads 5:25 am in HW

Anyone else ever experience this???

Kev

Re: Quirky quality question on worldtime mode

I have the same issue with two of mine Kevin. Two of my solar/waveceptors show NYC 6 hours behind my home time (London). I have them on DST auto, but it's the same if DST is just "on". On my MTG (which is a US model so the receive doesn't work here), I have DST on and NYC shows the proper time. I'm baffled too
    Wear what you like.

Wink Re: Quirky quality question on worldtime mode

HI Kev,

I never had seen this before. A 30 minute or 1 hour off could be a sort of setting, but 2 minutes is spooky.....

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    HI Kev,

I never had seen this before. A 30 minute or 1 hour off could be a sort of setting, but 2 minutes is spooky.....

Cheers,

Sjors
    That is weird. I missed the 2 min difference in Kevin's post.
    Wear what you like.

Never really paid any attention to it. Checked all mine and the G-2300 is off 2 minutes too. All the rest of my G-Shocks are not affected.
    G-Shock G2300
    G-Shock DW6600
    G-Shock GW1500
    G-Shock GW9000
    Citizen BN0016 Orca
    Citizen BJ8040-08E Zilla
    Seiko H558-5009 Arnold
    Seiko SHC059 Sawtooth
    Seiko SBBN007 Tuna Can
    Orient Star WZ0271FD 300M

hi,

i don't know the specifics on your particular model, but on my G-2300, the home time and world time are independent of each other. However, the seconds are synchronized. So, it's possible for the minutes to be set differently. On my g-2300, I made sure that the times for World Time and Home time are set to the minute, then I hacked the seconds to an atomic clock reference.

--Warren

Well I solved my problem. Actually read the directions which is not something engineers are famous for I didn't realize you had to toggle DST on/off when viewing a city code in World Time mode. I just figured that it would change automagically, but now that I think about it, the implementation makes sense
    Wear what you like.

The odd part is that all of the other time zones are exactly 2 minutes off but they all are synched to the very second with the local time. Best I can figure is that the vibration alarm has rattled its poor little computer brain silly. If it were greater than a couple minutes (like 15) I'd worry about missing a flight, or happy hour at some beach side bar, but I can live with being off that much.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    The odd part is that all of the other time zones are exactly 2 minutes off but they all are synched to the very second with the local time. Best I can figure is that the vibration alarm has rattled its poor little computer brain silly. If it were greater than a couple minutes (like 15) I'd worry about missing a flight, or happy hour at some beach side bar, but I can live with being off that much.

Kev
    Kev,

That's how it's supposed to work. All the world time zones are synched to each other (hours, minutes). The seconds on the world time zones and the home time zones are synched.

The part that is un-synched is the actual hours and minutes between the home time and world time. They are independent of each other. You must manually set the home time and any world time zone to match each other to the minute.

when i say "home time", I mean the time that is displayed in "timekeeping mode", not your "home time zone" that is displayed when in world time mode.

--Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Warren T. View Post
    Kev,

That's how it's supposed to work. All the world time zones are synched to each other (hours, minutes). The seconds on the world time zones and the home time zones are synched.

The part that is un-synched is the actual hours and minutes between the home time and world time. They are independent of each other. You must manually set the home time and any world time zone to match each other to the minute.

when i say "home time", I mean the time that is displayed in "timekeeping mode", not your "home time zone" that is displayed when in world time mode.

--Warren
    I forgot to qualify that this is how the module in my G-2300 works, again, I don't know how your specific module works, but it may be similar.

--Warren

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information