R.E. 8400 Mudman [Pics inside]
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: R.E. 8400 Mudman [Pics inside]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

R.E. 8400 Mudman [Pics inside]

Finally got the 8400 for the Resident Evil project. Finished up the dye job on the button and top of the bezel today. Got a little dripping on the top bit of the bezel drown the grey strip by the lens a little bit it fit with the theme so it won't drive me crazy. Dyed and re-dyed these section repeatedly over the course of two days to get the jet black that i wanted. Cleaned the writing off the bottom side of the lense and am now just waiting for the new module. Spoke with the agent of Richard Bridgland who is the fellow who did the props and costuming for Resident evil, set design as well believe. Hopefully they will be able to definitively tell me what module was used for the movie, if not i have a back up plan though. Untill then i just painted the chrome bezel matt black and threw it back together to wear in the mean time.

Tell me what you think everyone! Very excited, all ready for the new green module and then it's done!

example from movie

mine

they used paint in the movie so they got a little sharper edge but this dye will never wear off so i went that direction.

teaser for the next step. i'll update in this thread when i get it installed.

Tartuga likes this.

Re: R.E. 8400 Mudman [Pics inside]

Congrats!
    Looks just like it.

Lookin great so far! Looks like you might have to trim the face plate above the three "eyes" to where there is just a little edge at the top...
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice work!

Thanks guys.
    Tsip, are you taling about the black strip at the top of the movie prop? if so that's not the faceplate, the plate will be fully removed when the new module is installed and that black strip will be improvised in some way. suggestions welcome. . .

also on the movie prop the sand the writing off the band. i like the "electro luminescent" but am thinking about sanding off "protection". what do you all think?

can't wait for the finished product

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Nice work!
    +1
    Congratulations

Looks good!

Thanks for the kind words all, i am a perfectionist to a fault so it's difficult for me to be happy with my own work often.

in the movie prop the border/ face plate appears to be made out of tape or flashing maybe.
    do you think i should do mine just how the prop is or get a 6600 faceplate to cut a little more out of and try to go for a very clean looking install???

input appreciated

so what do you guys think? modified 6600 face plate or the tape style like in the movie?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information