Rangeman on combi bracelet
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rangeman on combi bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rangeman on combi bracelet

Isbit possible? Has anyone tries it? I loved my Rangeman but the buckle didn't sit right on my wrist. I'm wearing it at the fourth hole so the buckle sits on the "far side" of the wrist. My problem is that the buckle sometimes moving to my wrist center (i wonder if my vein had some kind of magnetic force), which forcefully sshifted the watch's head to the far side, closer to the protruding bone thingy.
    Bought a strap adapter from a local seller but the hole won't line up. He told me to shave some part of the adapter but it still didn't worked as iintended do i give up. Getting keoni's is cost prohibited for me and for that much of money, s&h considered, I'd rather add a bit more and get a combi bracelet. Tried google and forum search and somehow i can't find any topic/pictures/thread on it.
    So, my question, is it possible? Or am ii stuck with a spinning watch?
    Edit: pictures

Carpatakled
    Last edited by domoon; May 27th, 2015 at 09:12.

Re: Rangeman on combi bracelet

Casio's "original" strap adapters -- the ones most of us buy from Pacparts -- are designed to fit just like 5600 straps in some 5600-series "Glide" models, and since 6900 models use the same lug size, they're a perfect fit there as well.

This is why the combination bracelet for the GW-M5600BC and GW-M5610BC is also a perfect fit and standard equipment on the GW-6900BC.

According to this thread, Casio adapters fit just fine on kung-fusion's Rangeman project: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ran...le-950572.html

...which means that the combination bracelet above SHOULD fit a Rangeman!

On the other hand, we don't know much yet about the adapters you bought from "a local seller." Can you post a picture, or did they look like the ones in kung-fusion's thread?
    domoon likes this.

Hmm. I've got another combi bracelet on the way as we speak. I was planning on replacing the strap on my positive 5610, but I'll try it out on my Rangeman first. Looking at the profiles of the Rangeman and the 5610BC, it oughta' fit just fine. However, the combi bracelet is a little skinnier than the Rangeman strap, so it might look a little out of proportion.

It'll be a few days before the bracelet gets here - when it does I'll try it out and post up pics.

Tony
    domoon likes this.
    Tony

My meager collection:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry, the lighting isn't really good. I've read that thread too actually. That's why i kind of confused. As for this one, the seller did offer me to refund before i trimmed it, but i said heck i want to do this so yah...
    Trimmed the inner side of the adaptor, still no luck. Even cut the L holder under the bar hole...

Kung's thread didn't load anymore, but from what i see at pacpart's listing, ot sure looks pretty close. Or did gw-9400j somehow have different module shape on the lug side?
    Anyway, nobody have Rangeman on combi bracelet, yet?

Carpatakled

to my taste the bracelet would look ridiculous on the rangeman as its wide-size is much smaller comparing to the bezel of the rangeman

as for your adaptors,
    a/ take off the bezel, take off the screws
    b/ put the adaptor in where it should be
    c/ slowly push the screw in, try to move the adaptor so its hole can meet the screw, if it can't then investigate and trim it accordingly (you can't just blindly trim the adaptor)
    *most of the time, I think it's the shoulder of the adaptor that needs to be trimmed down a little
    domoon likes this.

it took me around 20 min. to install the adaptors into the King after the above reply

Quote Originally Posted by domoon View Post
    Kung's thread didn't load anymore, but from what i see at pacpart's listing, ot sure looks pretty close. Or did gw-9400j somehow have different module shape on the lug side?
    Anyway, nobody have Rangeman on combi bracelet, yet?
    It seems that most of kung-fusion's pictures are no longer on imageshack, but yours certainly LOOK like the standard Casio adapters, so they should fit!

G-fob's directions are probably the best bet -- you might also want to make sure that there's no molding "flash" or "sprue marks" along the flat edges of the adapters. I've had to file down small protrusions (shown in red) in the picture below:

Name:  adapter profile.JPG
Views: 840
Size:  12.5 KB

It also seems that we'll have a definite answer when tonyyikes' bracelet arrives, so thanks in advance, Tony!
    domoon and Peater like this.

while I don't have the rangeman, every master of G that use screw bars to attach the trap are relatively designed the same

that in order to use the 5600-adaptor I would have to trim down the shoulder in order to make the adaptor go deeper into the case, aligning its holes to the screwbar's holes

with this King, I also had to trim down the top shoulder of the adapter because it was pushing up the bezel

after trim and without bezel

1/ put the adapter into its place
    2/ put one screwbar into (try to move the adaptor around until they met) and screw down and few rounds
    3/ put the screwbar into the other side, screw down a few round
    4/ do the same for the other adaptor
    5/ now take off 2 crewbars of 1 side (left or right, your choice) / put on the bezel and screw them back
    6/ do the same on the other side / take off the 2 screwbars, push the bezel down and screw them back
    * steps 5 and 6 are the case where I am not sure if the bezel would push against the adapter, so I make sure the adaptor stay put where it is while I put on the bezel

------------------ the adaptor of the mudman is from the Glide series, I think, it's DW-9000 or DW9525, it is smaller than the current popular 5600 adapter by 1mm, but i didn't have to trim it or anything - but it doesn't have the feet pushing against the caseback so it moves move freely

Last edited by G-fob; May 28th, 2015 at 01:47.
    domoon likes this.

wow, I wish I have the skill of drawing like you Mike / LOLz/
    i borrow your picture to demonstrate further my way of dealing with the adaptor, thanks

Mike K and domoon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post

It also seems that we'll have a definite answer when tonyyikes' bracelet arrives, so thanks in advance, Tony!
    OK, duh. Should have thought before I posted yesterday. This morning I compared the Rangeman to the 5610BC (with the bracelet) -- biggest issue is the Rangeman uses the big screws to connect the band vs a springbar on the 5610 so... I think unless one was willing to tap the combi somehow, I think it wouldn't work. Also, the width of the combi at the widest is still a good 2-3mm more narrow than the Rangeman band, so probably a bad idea there. Like G-fob mentioned, the difference in width would look goofy, kinda' like those 'understrappers' that put an 18mm Nato on a Submariner just so they can look like James Bond.

I do think a larger bracelet akin to the combi would look fantastic on the Rangeman though.
    domoon likes this.
    Tony

My meager collection:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information