Rangeman - King
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Rangeman - King

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rangeman - King

Can I get some comparison pictures between these two please. I see the measurements on the GW9400 and it's fairly close to the GX/GXW-56 be it I know it's the sensor bulges that do it.

So in short some direct aide by side/top/ whatever pictures would be great!

Thanks all.

Hail to the King, baby.

Re: Rangeman - King

Name:  DSC_0833.JPG
Views: 1379
Size:  240.1 KB

I'm guessing you are at the same place I was a week ago. I was 'poisoned' by the sheer size of my 4 Kings and could not allow myself to buy anything that was smaller. I agonised over the dimensions. When it arrived I initially felt it was too small. But having worn it all day today it is just right, like a King but with the corners rounded off. Astonishing quality and build. Yes to an extent it is made thicker by the sensor bulges. But that means the gorgeous screen is recessed and better protected from glancing blows (how many times a day does my King rattle off door handles?). This is of Frogman quality but at half the price. Very sophisticated functions, I love having the light button on the front. On my scales it weighs 93 grams, my atomic King weighs 88. It feels solid and weighty, lots of function and quality packed in. I was looking at my Rangeman under a stereo scope today in the lab where I work. Finish and detailing are both superb. King quality is good but this is better IMHO. One thing about the King is (and i love my kings to bits) that you do get a sense that the bulk of the casing is mostly just that, bulk/volume just for the hell of it. The Rangeman packs in 6 buttons, not 4 and also 3 sensor systems as well. It's a solid and tough chunk of pure technology on your wrist. I have not actually paid for this one yet but I'm hooked. Already scheming about how I can get myself Rangeman number 2.
    nigelw, alexs12, Pelican and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I was looking at my Rangeman under a stereo scope today in the lab where I work.
    Nice. Do you have the capability of taking pictures at high magnification?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was using a manual stereo zoom scope. We do have some other scopes but although they have video monitors I think they are just live images with no capture ability. Having said that my boss was raisng a request today for a powerful PC to run with some sort of fancy Nikon scope we have just bought. So possibly not right now but soon I hope... Sorry this seems a bit vague but there is a lot of kit in there, some of it I know inside out and yet other pieces a few feet away that I simply don't have a clue about and have never touched.

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    ...they have video monitors...
    Then, I guess one could take a picture with a separate camera of whatever the monitor is showing. I was just wondering, that's all. It seems like you have an interesting job.

Excellent break down Carrot. Can you grab a face shot of the two side by side, please?

Hail to the King, baby.

Name:  DSC_0851.JPG
Views: 1292
Size:  62.3 KB not a great photo but it's nearly midnight and I'm using the flash in the DSLR and it's hard not to get reflections straight on...
    KillaSkill, Nemo and D4n like this.

Here's another.. The Rangeman do look small by comparison.
    Deepsea_dweller and D4n like this.

Rangeman - King

@ Civic98, are you sure the watches were at the same distance of the lens. In my 50 Gs comparison of two weeks ago the difference looks much smaller.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Sjors; October 29th, 2013 at 13:53.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Rangeman - King

Great comparison shot Sjors! Think thats the way it is! I will check it later by myself as well.
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; October 29th, 2013 at 09:56.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information