WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

RANGEMAN or MUDMAN??

10K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  cal..45 
#1 ·
OK, which one should I pick?

1. G9300
2. GW9400-1CR
3. GW9400J-1JF

Not sure if the extra coin is worth it on #2 vs #3.

#2 ·
OK, which one should I pick?

1. G9300
2. GW9400-1CR
3. GW9400J-1JF

Not sure if the extra coin is worth it on #2 vs #3.
I prefer the CF strap so #3 gets my vote. Worth it or not is up to the individual's preference so it's a yes for me.

#7 ·
Curious, why do you preffer CF strap? I have both CF and non CF RangeMan and I really can't tell the difference.
Cf to me at least feels a bit more "plasticy" on touch but other than that I can't see any differences or benefits to pay extra for CF.:think:

#4 ·
I would buy the GW-9400 with resin strap.

cheers

#6 ·
I have both and I will say I prefer the rounded look of the 9300, and it seems a little smaller which I like. That said, the feature set is better on the 9400.

The 9400 has alti-baro and sunrise-sunset, which the 9300 does not. It is also atomic, which the G-9300 is not (but there is also a more expensive GW-9300 which is atomic)

The 9300 has moonphase, which the 9400 does not.

So unless you really prefer the looks of the 9300 and/or really want moonphase, go for the 9400 instead

#12 · (Edited)
I have all 3 choices and wear this 9400 most because as a sailor I use the barograph display daily.

I made this green positive 9400 by combining parts of 2 watches. As for the CF strap, I like it but the resin strap is good too. If the higher cost of CF bothers you, the resin is a good choice.

Below are the atomic GW-9300GY and non-atomic G-9300GY, both versions of Men In Smokey Grey Mudman. The GW also has a CF strap.

#22 ·
The Rangeman was the watch that brought me back to G shocks. Got it last Friday and I have worn it everyday. IMO it wears great and I hardly notice it's on. I was worried it would be to big, nope. Worried about the display being a problem, nope. The watch is easy to use and has some great shortcut features. Love the quick access to the stopwatch. Don't own a new mudman, but I'm sure its great too. The Rangeman is a watch (for me) that did not disappoint and I'm not a digital guy.

#26 ·
The Rangeman was delivered yesterday. First impressions: I expected the watch to be larger than it actually is, pictures are deceptive. The watch band also looked like it would be wider than a standard Casio single buckle. It is exactly the same width as my single buckle Pathfinder. The clasp on the band does seem to be staying put, although I would prefer no shiny material on the band (any ideas on mods??). The watch itself is awesome, very fast to bang through the different screens. I was able to calibrate the time and set the city/DST data quickly, the manual isn't to bad so far. I also like to download the pdf so I have reference as I tinker with all the goodies. The watch does also fit under a long sleeve shirt...see my pic below. Cant wait to get some experience with the Rangeman, and am looking forward to taking it to the Range !

Arm Wrist Hand Neck Fashion accessory

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Strap Wrist

#27 ·
The Rangeman was delivered yesterday.
Congratulations :-!

The clasp on the band does seem to be staying put, although I would prefer no shiny material on the band (any ideas on mods??).
A sheet of fine sandpaper will do the trick.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.