Rangeman - no barometer reading
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rangeman - no barometer reading

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rangeman - no barometer reading

Hi all - I have a Rangeman with a barometer display issue. The barometer was working fine in my hometown in Wyoming. I traveled to Nevada, the barometer did not show a reading but the altimeter worked. I returned home, the barometer showed a reading. I moved to Idaho - no reading, but the altimeter works and is correct.

Anyone experience a similar issue? Interesting that the barometer does not show a reading but the altimeter works as it uses barometric pressure.

Thanks much

Re: Rangeman - no barometer reading

Quote Originally Posted by krawl View Post
    Hi all - I have a Rangeman with a barometer display issue. The barometer was working fine in my hometown in Wyoming. I traveled to Nevada, the barometer did not show a reading but the altimeter worked. I returned home, the barometer showed a reading. I moved to Idaho - no reading, but the altimeter works and is correct.

Anyone experience a similar issue? Interesting that the barometer does not show a reading but the altimeter works as it uses barometric pressure.

Thanks much
    Currently having a similar problem with my Gulfmaster. Shows altitude, and it varies slighlty, as you would expect if air pressure is changing. But not barometric pressure, even though they should be using the same sensor.

Pressure shows as. -.-- Does not say ERR.

Has fine worked in the past. Recently had the watch on an airplane, if that would matter.

I wonder if there is a setting that turns the barometer off. Haven't found it in manual. Wondered if a reset to factory settings -- if available -- might help.

Manual does say sensor might not work if the battery does not have enough power and that this could be the case even if the battery shows as H. So have set it in the window for more charge to see if that helps.
    Seminoles likes this.

Based on suggestions from members in the thread I started on my Gulfmaster barometer issues, I reset my barometer to factory settings. You can do this in barometer mode on the Gulfmaster by pressing the A and C buttons together and holding for a bit. This brought the barometer back and it is now working.

I suspect there is a similar reset available on the Rangeman, but do not have one to check. May be different buttons. But probably worth a try.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R W View Post
    Based on suggestions from members in the thread I started on my Gulfmaster barometer issues, I reset my barometer to factory settings. You can do this in barometer mode on the Gulfmaster by pressing the A and C buttons together and holding for a bit. This brought the barometer back and it is now working.

I suspect there is a similar reset available on the Rangeman, but do not have one to check. May be different buttons. But probably worth a try.
    Thanks - Your issue was the same as mine. I also reset the barometer and left it at the factory setting. Now to give it a day to see if it is actually taking readings.

I calibrated the barometer to current conditions and it was working fine. After having just gotten off a plane, the barometer shows - . -- Seems as though the pressurized cabin impedes the function of the sensor and a reset is needed after a flight.

I had the same with Mudmaster. I think the sensor might be the same.
    The fact that the sensor is affected in the plane cabin sounds bad. I had my Mudmaster on several flights and also took it to high Andes. The barometer reading stopped twice. First time when hiking above 13000 feet. After about a week it cured itself. Second time was on the plane. This time didn't came back to normal. At the time I had no idea that a simple reset can help.
    Sent the watch for a guarantee repair.
    Anybody know how to reset Mudmaster? For future. ;)

Are plane rides an issue for all ABC watches?

I had not heard this before.

I had not heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Worker View Post
    No, it should not be. I've took my PRG270 onto a plane countless times, even taking measurements within, not a single issue.
    Worker likes this.

You don't think it's something with the new V3 sensor do ya?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information