Rangeman Altimeter mode:
1) Does-- or how does-- the Rangeman GW-9400 track your altitude during a hike?
2) How do you start and stop the collection of altitude data that goes into the cumulative ascent, decent, max altitude, and min altitude?
3) Do you have to stay in the Altimeter mode for this data to store to the "REC" mode?
I'm used to the Riseman (GW-9200) having a start/stop timer within the Altimeter mode and when the count-up timer within Altimeter is in-progress, then the letters "REC" flash at about 1-sec interval on the display in all modes ... so I'm curious how the Rangeman Altimeter functions-- or doesn't?-- when you exit the Rangeman Altimeter mode.
The Eye of the Rangeman:
1) What different information can/does The Eye display when in normal time-keeping mode?
I understand that The Eye typically displays the progress of seconds.
2) I have read that if a stop watch is running, then The Eye has a region near the center that "spins" quickly in a clockwise direction-- Is this correct?
3) Might The Eye spin anti-clockwise (still in normal time-keeping mode screen) if a count-down timer is in-progress?
4) Does The Eye display unique information (still in normal time-keeping mode screen) if the Altimeter is in-progress? (this may be a non-question since I'm not sure how or when the Altimeter is considered "in-progress".
I love it when these "Eyes" on G's display interesting information in normal time-keeping mode other that the tic of seconds, and the status of stop-watch, countdown timer, multi-alarms (1-4,snz) on/off, would be really nice.
Any other comments on the operation of the Rangeman eagerly welcomed!