Rangeman Question
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress
  • 2 Post By Mike K
  • 2 Post By Mike K

Thread: Rangeman Question

Rangeman Question

So the Japan version is all black except the word g shock. Anybody know how to make it black?

Thanks in advance

Re: Rangeman Question

Easiest and cheapest way is with a permanent Sharpie marker like on this GW-3000

nigelw likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

From the "Articles and Tutorials" section: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ock-68211.html

The first couple of pages of that thread involve using nail polish to "paint over" the existing lettering, other people have used enamel paint with great success. (I have used Testor's model paint on quite a few bezels by "filling in" the recessed letters and then wiping away the excess with a tissue dampened with paint thinner.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    From the "Articles and Tutorials" section: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ock-68211.html

The first couple of pages of that thread involve using nail polish to "paint over" the existing lettering, other people have used enamel paint with great success. (I have used Testor's model paint on quite a few bezels by "filling in" the recessed letters and then wiping away the excess with a tissue dampened with paint thinner.)
    Yea testors paint would work well with a very small fine brush. Never thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by Madeinhb View Post
    Yea testors paint would work well with a very small fine brush. Never thought of that
    I used to do really fine detail painting with 5/0 and 10/0 brushes.

For painting G-Shock bezels, I just use a Q-Tip for a brush, make sure the paint gets all the way into the recesses of the letters and (as mentioned) wipe off the excess. It's a LOT easier than trying to paint each individual letter!

"Stock" GW-6900 bezel on the right, DW-6900 inspired red & white paint job on the left:

Name:  bezels.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  90.8 KB
    nigelw and James142 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I used to do really fine detail painting with 5/0 and 10/0 brushes.

For painting G-Shock bezels, I just use a Q-Tip for a brush, make sure the paint gets all the way into the recesses of the letters and (as mentioned) wipe off the excess. It's a LOT easier than trying to paint each individual letter!

"Stock" GW-6900 bezel on the right, DW-6900 inspired red & white paint job on the left:

Name:  bezels.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  90.8 KB
    So you just filled the letter cavity with paint until full and ten wiped it off bezel so it was only in the cavity?

Quote Originally Posted by Madeinhb View Post
    So you just filled the letter cavity with paint until full and ten wiped it off bezel so it was only in the cavity?
    That's one way to phrase it!

Another is that "I painted one rather sloppy, 3mm wide, red stripe across all the letters in 'G-Shock' -- including the parts of bezel between each letter -- then wiped the paint off the raised surface leaving paint only in the recessed lettered areas."

Then I used the other end of the Q-Tip to paint four shorter, white stripes across each of the other areas for "Split-Reset" and so on.

It doesn't take much finesse at all to glop on the paint that way -- the only "skill" is in the "gently wiping off" so one doesn't accidentally remove ALL the paint that was just applied!

I've refined my so-called "technique" by first "glopping" and then wiping in three stages: getting most of the excess paint and leaving a faint haze on the "surface" with a dry tissue, dampening a corner of the tissue with paint remover and getting most of the "haze" with a second wipe, then letting it dry for a few minutes and going back with a damp tissue and wiping off any remaining "haze."

The whole process takes me about five minutes, one or two Q-Tips, and two or three Kleenex.
    nigelw and Crater like this.

Does this model u mean??

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Information