Rangeman: radio signal won't work
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By yankeexpress
  • 5 Post By Kilovolt

Thread: Rangeman: radio signal won't work

Rangeman: radio signal won't work

Hi!
    My GW-9400 is now about 9 months old and I'm very happy with it.
    But since a while, my Rangeman get sometimes no radio signal. Even a manual sync won't help... It shows L2 or even L3 and a few moments later it shows ?ERR?.
    Most of the time this happens when I'm wake up and it is cloudy/raining outside. But that also happend when it was sunny later that day.
    As far as I remember, when I bought the watch, it was way more raining those days and it still got L3 Signal.
    Right in the moment it is cloudy but not raining (normal autumn day in Austria ) and it still shows Error when I try to sync it. (I'm at work so it also happens outside my house) It tried it two times: 1x it syncs until L3 and then error appears, second time it shows error right after one minute without the signal indicator appearing.
    I wear my Casio 5 days a week day and night if that matters.

Is my watch maybe faulty?

Re: Rangeman: radio signal won't work

Atomic watches are designed to automatically sync at night, starting at midnight, when radio reception is far better than when the Sun interfers with all radio signals.

Do a manual sync after 2200 and see if it is successful.

I'm so lucky that where I live (UK) the signal is so strong that every one of my atomic watches sync with 100% reliability at 2.02am. (Even left one in a drawer once and it still synced! However, on a recent trip to Spain, my GWG1000 didn't sync on the first night, so I tried a manual sync on the rooftop of a hotel turning it at maybe 15 degree intervals to see if it would get one, nada! Yep, it fleetingly picked up an L3 for a couple of seconds, then just entered 'err' mode. So I gave up.

However, on our very last night, whilst wearing it to sleep, in a pretty enclosed 6th floor hotel room, she synced at 4.08am! I think she was just telling me who was in charge LOL
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unless I go outside, mine do not sync by or through the windows. They do sync reliably in two odd, and convenient, places centrally in the house.
    Also agree to attempt to sync at night to increase probability of success.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

I tried it once again outside and now it worked.
    But it's still confusing for me. When it syncs, i always get an L3 signal at home. So why is there every 7-14 days, one night where an error appears? The watch is always in the same place at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzenfutter View Post
    I tried it once again outside and now it worked.
    But it's still confusing for me. When it syncs, i always get an L3 signal at home. So why is there every 7-14 days, one night where an error appears? The watch is always in the same place at night.
    First of all you have to know that when the watch is not fully charged the reception may become difficult like in a portable radio with semi discharged batteries. In my experience the first cure for a poor reception is a lot of sunshine.
    Secondly the weather plays a major role in this respect and mind you it is not only the weather near the watch but also the one in Frankfurt near the transmitter. You may have a nice day at home but in case it is stormy in Germany the reception is likely to fail.
    Last but not least beware of electrical noise generated by yourself/your neighbours: for instance at my home the reception fails when a watch is in the same room of the wifi router. Stay away from appliances.

BTW I have a total of 18 radio controlled watches (Casio, Citizen, Junghans, Seiko): there is not a single night when all of them receive the signal ...

Thread Information