Rangeman, Return or Easy Fix?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By sdog
  • 2 Post By Knives and Lint
  • 3 Post By Joakim Agren
  • 1 Post By Matt Stone

Thread: Rangeman, Return or Easy Fix?

Rangeman, Return or Easy Fix?

So, just got a standard GW-9400-1CR from Amazon. First non smart watch I've bought in a couple of years, was pretty excited. Got it set up, it synced here in Texas to the Atmoic clock (even at 1:00 PM, something I've never got any other watches/clocks to do)... but then the "A" button did this:

It was fine when first opening the box and setting things up/testing functions. Then about the 10th press it "popped out" like that. It still functions but is much further out (and thus harder to press) than the other buttons. Looking closer, it actually looked like it would come out all the way. It did. There's a stem, two O rings and a small spring.

In short, is there a way to get that seated without having to just do the exchange through Amazon? Pressing it back in firmly get's it back to the way it is in the picture, but it won't seat down to the normal height. I've tried spinning it around while pressed.
    Watch you seek, is watch you find, or maybe just covet.

Re: Rangeman, Return or Easy Fix?

Dunno about an "easy" fix, but the only thing coming to mind that would have caused that is a C clip popping out of place inside the case. You'd have to open up the back, take the module out, and put the clip in place properly, if it's still in one piece, and if you can find the thing. Maybe someone who has removed buttons on a G would have more knowledge on what it might be.

Edit: Also I may as well add that I agree with the posts below. You should definitely return it, that just shouldn't happen at all.
    Last edited by LankyOrangutan; July 13th, 2015 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone View Post
    So, just got a standard GW-9400-1CR from Amazon. First non smart watch I've bought in a couple of years, was pretty excited. Got it set up, it synced here in Texas to the Atmoic clock (even at 1:00 PM, something I've never got any other watches/clocks to do)... but then the "A" button did this:

[image]

It was fine when first opening the box and setting things up/testing functions. Then about the 10th press it "popped out" like that. It still functions but is much further out (and thus harder to press) than the other buttons. Looking closer, it actually looked like it would come out all the way. It did. There's a stem, two O rings and a small spring.

In short, is there a way to get that seated without having to just do the exchange through Amazon? Pressing it back in firmly get's it back to the way it is in the picture, but it won't seat down to the normal height. I've tried spinning it around while pressed.
    Defective. While I'm usually very much in favour of fixing things, in cases of new products defective out of the box, I recommend to send it in for replacement. You, the customer, ought not have to fix manufacturers' and vendors' insufficient quality control for high-price goods. In turn you would risk losing your warranty, water damage due to not well sealed buttons, or that this is only a symptom of much severe, but hidden, damage.
    Last edited by sdog; July 14th, 2015 at 03:45.
    MCZK and Time4Playnow like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On a new watch (especially from Amazon), I would definitely return it. On the stem of the button you will notice a small groove where there's supposed to be a clip that keeps the button from falling out. Replacing these clips is a tedious task at best and often very frustrating. Plus you would probably have to remove the module, requiring you to disconnect the sensor as well. All of this on a brand new watch that you would preferably not even have to open. I say send it back to Amazon for sure.

This is a case where the one who assembled the watch did a sloppy job with putting the C clip in place. So it probably came loose during vibrations and shakes during transport so now the pusher popped out as the result of it!

Only option is to return it to Amazon and ask for a new one to be sent! Do not try to fix it yourself since new products should not be faulty like this.
    Rocat, Time4Playnow and RHJones like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Sounds like what I was thinking. Figured if it was an easy fix then I didn't want to bother returning. Since its not then off it goes. Now to decide if I want another one or that Gulfmaster...

When you are torn between a Gulfmaster and a Rangeman you might be interested in the new Mudmaster:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mud...a-1788626.html

It is so to say an analogue Rangeman analogue.

Don't make the guy wait and spend more money. :)

Yes as the others have stated. Send it back and get a new one.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by sdog View Post
    When you are torn between a Gulfmaster and a Rangeman you might be interested in the new Mudmaster:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mud...a-1788626.html

It is so to say an analogue Rangeman analogue.
    If the MWG-1000 ever sales for the percent of MSRP that the Rangeman can be had for, it'll be what, still over $500? Nah not for now.

Already got replacement and refund, gotta love the speed of Amazon shipping.

RHJones likes this.

Thread Information