Rangeman- slight dust sign can be seen with LED on- could you check too?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rangeman- slight dust sign can be seen with LED on- could you check too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rangeman- slight dust sign can be seen with LED on- could you check too?

Hi,
    i've recently bought the yellow 30 yeas anniversary rangeman, and I've noticed that in dark place there is a little dust sign under the dash of the date ("5 - 9" so under the - where the date is displayed)
    it cannot be seen in sun light or a lighted room, only in poor light conditions and when you turn on the light LED.

I have attached some photos, you can see it only in the photo with the light on.
    Do I need to use the warranty?

could you check your Rangeman(s) in a dark room?

Thanks,
    sub_zero
    Attached Images Attached Images

JohnQFord likes this.

Re: Rangeman- slight dust sign can be seen with LED on- could you check too?

Hi mate, nice watch, if you can only see it when the lights on its not really worth worrying about is it?
    Its pretty tiny, we have to draw the line with obsessive compulsive behaviour somewhere :)
    LankyOrangutan and domoon like this.

nothing in mine, so you better exchange the G, or if you can't, sell it a get a new one

guarantee is for defected and failure, not for OCD, btw
    Last edited by G-fob; May 9th, 2015 at 16:46.
    TRSCP likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i'll take it if you want to sell it lol

guys instead of busting his chops maybe you could tell him if its possible to clean it i also find dust under lcd or led screens distracting and it should not happen on a nice watch like he has. you should be aware it is very hard for a person in a normal environment to get optics back together without dust though so there is no guarantee even if you take it apart it wont happen again.

this is a new poster not a very nice welcome. so i say welcome and if you can take the ribbing you will probably get some advise whether to return it or how to fix it. you shouldnt have to take it apart and clean it but depending where you live its sometimes easier to fix it yourself than return anything.

good luck and welcome to the forums sorry you got this reaction on your first post i find the guys here friendly and helpful even with my dumb questions.

buddy
    Last edited by buddyrohr; May 9th, 2015 at 21:05.
    ElectricDan and Shaggy2002 like this.
    wristbiter 9100 gulfman and mellow yellow g100-9cm

It would bug me. And you forced me to check mine. Nothing.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

Thanks all for you comments
    The watch is BRAND NEW, I bought it 3 days ago and it's under warranty
    BUT I'm afraid to use the warranty, because I think they can make more damage by opening it and cleaning it... (and maybe something new will appear :P )
    So I think I'll need to live with it, or sell it (if someone is looking - PM me)
    It is bearly noticable and only at night (also in the photo it is hard to see)

Thank you all :)
    And thanks for the welcome greetings :D
    Cobia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sub_zero View Post
    BUT I'm afraid to use the warranty, because I think they can make more damage by opening it and cleaning it... (and maybe something new will appear :P )
    So I think I'll need to live with it, or sell it (if someone is looking - PM me)

Nice one mate, never mind the light hearted banter around here, looking forwards to seeing more of your posts, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sub_zero View Post

Well man because it's brand new and depending upon the area where you bought it, you as the consumer have leverage. It look's like a minor defect which would entitle you to either a replacement watch or a refund. Europe/North America and other area's have strong consumer legislation.

I agree I would never accept warranty work carried out on a brand new item, it's replacement or refund if anything happens within 30 days of new purchase.
    "who in his mind has not probed the black water"
    I am become death destroyer of worlds"

Welcome to the forum. I have two rangemen. Neither have this issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information