rangeman strap peeling

Thread: rangeman strap peeling

rangeman strap peeling

Hey guys, I've had my Rangeman desert camo edition for about a year now and I JUST noticed that there is a thin clear film that's starting to peel off the camo print on the strap. It seems like a clear coat was applied on top of the camo print. I don't know.

I always wondered how the camo print stayed on without peeling. maybe it was the clear coat on top? But either way, the clear coat is peeling off!!

any one else notice this? is this normal? and will the camo print rub off if the clear coat peels?

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: rangeman strap peeling

My black Rangeman CF strap did that. It started to peel just like yours, and never really got worse. It has been that way for a couple years now, does not affect functionality in any way. Probably not that helpful, but just wanted to let you know it happened to mine also.

I can take pictures and post later if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolander View Post
    My black Rangeman CF strap did that. It started to peel just like yours, and never really got worse. It has been that way for a couple years now, does not affect functionality in any way. Probably not that helpful, but just wanted to let you know it happened to mine also.

I can take pictures and post later if it matters.
    Thanks. Your reply IS helpful :) just dont want the camo print to rub off.

I wonder If this is only on the carbon fiber straps.

Thanks again

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

rangeman strap peeling

Never really dig any carbon fiber straps on Gs. Yeah it’s potentially more durable but is it really 2x, 3x, 4x... more durable than regular resin strap? Certainly the price is x times higher. Besides it’s noticeably more stiffer. Not to mention peeling problem. I just don’t get it. More of a marketing gimmick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    <SNIP>Besides it’s noticeably more stiffer<SNIP>
    Some models it is, some it isn't. I have two 9400 series Rangers, one with the resin strap, one with the CF camo. The CF camo strap is way softer and more pliable than the resin.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigswifty1 View Post
    Some models it is, some it isn't. I have two 9400 series Rangers, one with the resin strap, one with the CF camo. The CF camo strap is way softer and more pliable than the resin.

Mike
    Yea agreed the CF strap is definitely softer and pliable on the camo edition. But...do you have this peeling issue on your camo strap??

Quote Originally Posted by Kxeddiexp View Post
    Hey guys, I've had my Rangeman desert camo edition for about a year now and I JUST noticed that there is a thin clear film that's starting to peel off the camo print on the strap. It seems like a clear coat was applied on top of the camo print. I don't know.

I always wondered how the camo print stayed on without peeling. maybe it was the clear coat on top? But either way, the clear coat is peeling off!!

any one else notice this? is this normal? and will the camo print rub off if the clear coat peels?

thanks

Anybody else? Have this issue for the camo carbon fiber strap?

I think the peeling is just some sort of clear coating (based on what I’m seeing on mine), I doubt the camo will wear off.

My protrek 3510 with the newer silicone type strap did that after a few weeks, had to replace it at $75! I posted about it on the forum awhile back with pics.
    Last edited by Scout; October 26th, 2018 at 08:18.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Thread Information