Rangeman vs Pathfinder
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress
  • 1 Post By cal..45
  • 1 Post By Nemo
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress

Thread: Rangeman vs Pathfinder

Rangeman vs Pathfinder

GW-9400 vs PAW1300-1VBF - which and why (I realize the g-shock forum may now be the most unbiased place to ask this question ). I got the pathfinder for christmas after asking for the rangeman. Put a lot of time into researching the rangeman and pathfinder is new to me. Just looking to hear how you guys think the compare. I much prefer the looks of the rangeman, but after I told my parents that the display may be difficult to read (olive), they decided not to purchase it without seeing it (macy's didm't have them in stock), and said the macys rep said this model casio was comparable.

Re: Rangeman vs Pathfinder

This is a Casio forum too. Watch people like all types of watches. We just can't say what is the best. Just what is best for our own needs. The only watch for meeds is a vibrating watch right now. I've worn one for over a year now. The longest watch I've worn for awhile now.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; December 25th, 2013 at 20:22.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Pathfinder is a great watch, and it is comparable to the Rangeman plus it is a gift from your loving folks. Wear it proudly and treasure it.

And start saving for your own Rangeman, which is brand new and somewhat difficult for normal folks who don't have their finger on the G-Shock pulse to find.
    I have both and wear the ProTrek when racing (sailing) as the digits are bigger and I just got the Rangeman. Haven't had a chance to race with it yet.

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 25th, 2013 at 22:09.
    Nemo likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by njb242 View Post
    GW-9400 vs PAW1300-1VBF - which and why (I realize the g-shock forum may now be the most unbiased place to ask this question ). I got the pathfinder for christmas after asking for the rangeman. Put a lot of time into researching the rangeman and pathfinder is new to me. Just looking to hear how you guys think the compare. I much prefer the looks of the rangeman, but after I told my parents that the display may be difficult to read (olive), they decided not to purchase it without seeing it (macy's didm't have them in stock), and said the macys rep said this model casio was comparable.
    Trust me, I am totally unbiased even when it comes down to other digital brands (in fact I often write that I find Timex's superior to Casio). As far as legibility and an uncluttered display goes, my vote would be the PRW-3000, it simply outperforms the GW-9400 in that regard. The olive GW-9400 with negative display is indeed hard to read and wouldn't make it on my list at all (it would if Casio made an olive with positive display). If you think you need maximum toughness, the GW-9400 is of course the better choice but keep in mind that Protreks are plenty tough and should do the job equally good unless you are extremely harsh on your watches....

So what watch would I get? Big Surprise - still the Rangman. Why? because it has one little detail, that the Protrek unfortunately lacks. You can start the stopwatch with just one push of the lower right button, no need to scroll through all the menus, one simpel button - thats it. Believe it or not, but for me this is more worth than the whole ABC gagdgetry and prett much any other point. Therefore, I hope Casio will release in the future one or more basic standard models with that feature but for now the Rangeman is the only (digital) watch I'm aware off with a one push stopwatch starter.

cheers

[edit]
    Sorry, I just read that it is about the PRW-1300 not the PRW-3000. In this case the GW-9400 would be a no brainer at all, since the PRW-1300 is one of the lousiest ABC performers I have ever had and experienced. Go with the (positive) Rangeman all the way !!!
    Last edited by cal..45; December 26th, 2013 at 09:58.
    Nemo likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks for the input. I see the pathfinder is a multiband 5, instead of 6 like the G. Do they have the same ABC components, or is the newly released 9400 more advanced?

Rangeman.
    Last edited by Nemo; December 26th, 2013 at 15:05.
    pocky likes this.
    Currently wearing "Moby" my Gulfmaster Quad Sensor GWN-Q1000-7AER

Thanks for the input. I see the pathfinder is a multiband 5, instead of 6 like the G. Do they have the same ABC components, or is the newly released 9400 more advanced?
    Rangeman and PRW-3000 series have basically the same V.3 module, ABC version 3

PAW-1300 has older, larger V.2 module, I think.

Info containing a video:
    http://world.casio.com/basel/product/protrek/
    Last edited by yankeexpress; December 26th, 2013 at 15:29.
    rodmanbass likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

The Rangeman is a new generation of sensors compared to the 1300 Protrek. I have a 1300 Protrek and it's been good, but at this point I would want at least a 3000 or the Rangeman. I know it's a gift, but if you won't be happy, return it and get what you want if that is possible.

Thread Information