Rangeman: what do we know so far?
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: Rangeman: what do we know so far?

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
    LUW

Rangeman: what do we know so far?

I was trying to find out something more about the supposedly future release, the Rangeman. So far I found two pics:

From the pics we can infer that it's Tough Solar, Atomic and (probably) has a fifth light button on the front. And of course, the magic words: "Triple Sensor". So it's a good bet it would be the first ABC G-Shock, unless Casio gos the ABT route again, like it has done with all the Riseman. Making an ABT makes sense to me because I always thought that we would never have an ABC G-Shock so that there was no competition with the ProTreks.

The 10:58 display on the pics means that this is a mock-up model, it doesn't have a functional module, and the shape of the case reminds me a lot of the 9300. Someone on a Spanish forum even speculated that this case could be a prototype for the 9300, maybe an overall design that wasn't used. And of course there was also the huge secrecy by Casio . So as much as I would l-o-v-e to have another Master of G (it would have to be a MoG!), I'm kind of worried if this was just either a hoax or maybe a media stunt.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

lvt, mhammer8, dynosaur and 2 others like this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

If that is a real ace jewelers photo then it is probably a real model, because I don't think ace jewelers would be involved in a hoax. I can also guarantee there are people on this forum who know for sure, one way or the other, but might not be allowed to talk about it yet. (I am not one of these people). That said, it looks pretty nice and I would buy a special stealthed color version of it

It looks like it is wearing a gas mask!
    Last edited by kung-fusion; July 1st, 2013 at 00:16.
    gripmaster likes this.

Re: Rangeman: what do we know so far?

Looking at the external sensors it leads me to believe it is using the same chip/sensors as the current (pre-prw3000) protrek tech. If they keep them 1 generation apart on the full abc watches the pro-treks will still have a place.

In the larger picture I see a full revamp of the Master of G's with the 3rd gen tech (smaller lighter chips and no external modules will all help packaging of a tough g-shock.

Sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's real. That's all I have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Awesome!

I notice there is no NEWS on the dial... which makes me wonder if it doesn't have a compass... then again, this prototype might not look like the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Awesome!

I notice there is no NEWS on the dial... which makes me wonder if it doesn't have a compass... then again, this prototype might not look like the final version.
    The "10" and "-10" might indicate a baro trend while the upper part of the right side might display the baro graph (doesn't it even say "BARO" underneath?). Maybe they decided against the "NEWS" to have the baro trend indicator. It also has no extra buttons for the ABC-functions so I guess you'd have to access them by scrolling through the menues - could be a bit tiresome. Let's wait and see. So far I think it's very promising.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

How insane would it be if it had a rangefinder? Point the top at a target in range mode and it displays the distance to target within a few inches or centimeters. I have no use for another watch much less a rangefinder but I would buy that no questions asked.
    pritch likes this.

The first ABC G-Shock?

It gets bought on that basis alone. Personally I'd like to see a move away from the Riseman-esque design for the ABC feature set info to be best displayed though.
    Chrisek likes this.
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

oh god, "decorative" screws....

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    It looks like it is wearing a gas mask!
    Gas mask, audio package on the left and some sort of vision enhancement on the right - it's a space marine helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    If they keep them 1 generation apart on the full abc watches the pro-treks will still have a place.
    That certainly would be a way to do it, so that it doesn't threaten the ProTreks. However, if the ProTreks now get the better AB module (1 m increments, faster reading times), wouldn't that imply that the G is inferior to the ProTrek? In terms of market shares the G trounces any ProTrek.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Good enough for me! I have to e-mail Seiya, Higuchi and Chino.

If it does have a compass, I think it will show your orientation only digitally (in degrees). I think that eye on the dial would only be for some sort of altitude (or maybe pressure) reading. I personally would rather have some sort of analog compass, like all the ProTreks have, because I'm kind of mentally impaired and it takes longer for me to translate a degree reading into directions.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information