rangman time accuracy problems

Thread: rangman time accuracy problems

rangman time accuracy problems

My rangeman loses about 2 s each day, so after a month or two it has to be re timed as i dont get any of the fancy radio correction signals in Australia. Is their anything that can be done about this? ive looked into adjusting the trimmer capacitor but it seems that the rangman doesn't have this function, well i couldn't find any adjustment screws anyway. Can it be adjusted at a watchmakers shop or something?

Re: rangman time accuracy problems

Quote Originally Posted by lew_380 View Post
    My rangeman loses about 2 s each day, so after a month or two it has to be re timed as i dont get any of the fancy radio correction signals in Australia. Is their anything that can be done about this? ive looked into adjusting the trimmer capacitor but it seems that the rangman doesn't have this function, well i couldn't find any adjustment screws anyway. Can it be adjusted at a watchmakers shop or something?
    Wow, that's really poor accuracy, since the spec is 0.5 sec/day. I don't think a watchmaker would be able to do anything about it. If it's under warranty, maybe you can send it to Casio. I'm assuming they'd just swap the module.

Re: rangman time accuracy problems

Ouch -- sorry to hear that news, and yes, sending it back to Casio might be the best option.

Another option (which admittedly is a few places down any list) is that many people in Australia HAVE successfully received the atomic signal from Japan: https://www.google.com/search?q=site...utf-8&oe=utf-8

As I understand it, the easiest way to attempt it is to just switch the watch's "home city" to one of the Japanese cities, making sure that "auto synch" is turned on before putting the watch near a window overnight to (hopefully) synch, then switching the home city back in the morning. This method depends a little bit on luck and a lot on atmospheric conditions, and depending on where you live it might or might not work at all -- it sounds more like a "happens once a week on average" thing than a dependable "every night" solution.

Another option (with even more hoops to jump through) is to download an app that mimics the Japanese radio signal and let your watch synch to your smartphone that way.

Obviously, the first suggestion is almost as complicated as just adjusting the watch manually, and the second is even more work. It's too bad that your watch isn't within the advertised factory specifications to begin with.

Thread Information