Rant: Very Disappointed with Casio's Australian Agent
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jason_recliner
  • 1 Post By randb

Thread: Rant: Very Disappointed with Casio's Australian Agent

Banned

Rant: Very Disappointed with Casio's Australian Agent

Casio watches in Australia are distributed by Shriro Australia.

I bought a blue Gulfman from an Australia AD maybe 2-3 years ago. The battery died, and when removing the caseback I noticed that the head had sheared off one of the caseback screws. This was surprising as G-Shocks are supposed to be robust.

Upon inquiring whether a replacement screw is available, Shriro advised me verbally that I can buy a set of 4 (about $5, a bit steep for 4 tiny screws, but a good outcome) if I emailed my request. But the reply to my email stated that Shriro will not supply the parts and that I must send my watch in for repair. After several emails back and forth, Shriro will not budge.

I do not recommend buying G-Shocks from Australian ADs. They are overpriced and customer service is nonexistent. Better to save your money and buy online.

Does anybody know where to buy a caseback screw for a blue Gulfman?

Re: Rant: Very Disappointed with Casio's Australian Agent

jason_recliner,
    Can't say I am too surprised, I have to agree that Australian retail is not known
    for its after sale service or competitive pricing.

Buying online is a far better option and as for parts, maybe try dealing directly with Casio or an online parts supplier.
    Shipping on such a small item will be negligible at least.

Good luck with it!

regards,
    George

Banned

Who is Shriro? Is he the Japanese Casio AD in your area? And that's just another reason why Casio should bring back the stainless steel case with the screw back. If your watch was a screw back you would never have the problem with the case back shearing off the head of the screw.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Toc View Post
    Who is Shriro?
    It's a company. They are the Australian agent for Casio watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Toc View Post
    If your watch was a screw back you would never have the problem with the case back shearing off the head of the screw.
    Agreed. That's why I have this one now:

Sedi likes this.

Unfortunately I agree I buy very little stuff from retail stores in Oz....way to expensive. If I want something i go online. I seriously don't know how Oz retail is going to survive with the internet as it is now.
    Funkyman likes this.

I didn't know Shriro was the distributor in Australia. If you're looking for Japanese watches in Australia, check www.watchcentre.com.au. They get their watches from suppliers directly in Japan so their prices are often cheaper than what you can find at Australian retail stores.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aylaview View Post
    I didn't know Shriro was the distributor in Australia. If you're looking for Japanese watches in Australia, check www.watchcentre.com.au. They get their watches from suppliers directly in Japan so their prices are often cheaper than what you can find at Australian retail stores.

There are no shortage of online watch sources but I try to buy locally when I can afford it. In the case of Casio, there is absoluteely no point buying locally (in Australia) as after sales service is non-existent.

Thread Information