The RapGod has blessed me!
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: The RapGod has blessed me!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh man, past few days have been hell... ever since I found out that this watch was coming here.. I've been going crazy hunting for it.. I called Casio Head Office and was told they received somewhere between 10-15 only! and they could not tell me which stores would have stock since they give it out to a distributor that then sends it out to stores, they wouldn't give me the number of the distributor. So they were not much help. Seeing all the people asking for it on the G-Shock India page, I knew I had to step my game up..

I hit over 15 G-Shock spots the next few days.. giving most of them the model number and my contact info.. hoping someone would come through. I got lucky a few days ago, when a store said he could order it for me.. he said he would have it by the 27th.. so I called him, he said he would call me back and never did. So I called him again and he said the delivery guy did not show up.. then he called me later and said he would get it today.

Man, I have been unable to sleep over this, lol was wondering if the guy was just BS'ing me. He said today at 3pm.. I left my house, he then says 6:30pm.. so went for lunch then went to his store, Then he says the guy is on his way and is stuck in traffic, so I waited in his store for 30min..

The guy finally shows up! and I got it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09026.JPG 
Views:	583 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1326131

Kinda cool how today is the 28th and this is my 28th G-Shock!!

No G-Shock means more to me than this one.. the ultimate holy grail watch for me.

Been an Eminem fan since I was in school, In grade 9.. lol just before the Slim Shady LP had just come out! I went to a Christian British boarding school.. so I did my GCSE's and A-Levels. and Eminem's was one of the music artist who was banned there. We were supposed to only listen to Christian music lol so I used to hide all my CD's.. they used to find it and confiscate it! I had a voice recorder with those tiny tapes, So I used to record his music on that and hide in the woods and listen to it on that so that I wouldn't loose any more CD's. So as a long time fan, I just had to get this.

and when I saw the delivery guy had 2! well...

Name:	DSC09029.JPG 
Views:	575 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	1326141

hahaha, now I can really enjoy this watch and not worry about it 2 much.. maybe 6-7yrs later when it's worn out, I'll swap to the fresh one. Glad I got a back up! So happy right now!

sorry for the lack of proper pics, I think the other guys took better pics and showed it off well, by the time I got home it was 9pm, so just grabbed a few quick pics.

Only complaint I have about the watch is the blue backlight.. everything is black and red and they put so much work and detail into everything, then they go and put a blue backlight on. it really should have been red, anyways.. really love the size and feel of the GDX.. never going back to the DW..

really hope all the Eminem fans on here can grab one. Good luck to those that are still on the hunt!

Last edited by starscream; December 28th, 2013 at 19:20.

Re: The RapGod has blessed me!

HAHA thats an awesome little story there!!! Nice!
    Congatulations on the successful hunt! And very funny to have grabbed the two of them...
    starscream likes this.

Congrats on tracking one down.....
    starscream likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    HAHA thats an awesome little story there!!! Nice!
    Congatulations on the successful hunt! And very funny to have grabbed the two of them...
    thanks bro! this watch may mean the most to me but Devastator is still the sexiest! haha Yup I got lucky that I got 2.. If I just had 1 I wouldn't be able to wear it freely cause I'd be afraid it would get messed somehow.
    gripmaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    thanks bro! this watch may mean the most to me but Devastator is still the sexiest! haha Yup I got lucky that I got 2.. If I just had 1 I wouldn't be able to wear it freely cause I'd be afraid it would get messed somehow.
    imagine me talking in the voice of some huge black american urban rap gangsta: MAAAN you just gotta wear em Gs MAAN whatcha gonna worry just wear em MAAAN.....
    starscream, Crater and alexs12 like this.

I can feel your excitment all the way here to Europe

Really nice to see a collector having a grail and then actually finding it and enjoying it. And 2 grails that is

Great story. I thought you won't get the watch when I was reading the story, it sounded like BS, but all good at the end.

Enjoy wearing it
    starscream and gripmaster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by D1cky986 View Post
    Congrats on tracking one down.....
    was hard, but got lucky! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    I can feel your excitment all the way here to Europe

Really nice to see a collector having a grail and then actually finding it and enjoying it. And 2 grails that is

Great story. I thought you won't get the watch when I was reading the story, it sounded like BS, but all good at the end.

Enjoy wearing it
    yeah, I was so worried the past few days, glad it all worked out! haha Thanks!
    Crater likes this.

Congratulations!!! I've been trying to get one myself, but I live way down I Mississippi. I even went to the macys in New Orleans but they haven't received it yet.
    Glad to see somebody get it that will really love and cherish it!!!
    Man I love the XL 6900s too. But il always keep a few regular 6900s around.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!
    Last edited by Ben_R; December 28th, 2013 at 20:13.
    starscream likes this.

with all the excitement of the Eminem.. I completely forgot to share this:

so I was buying 2.. and my wife just points out 2 this 30th Anniversary logo thing and tells the sales guy: "can I have that?" and he said "yes" I was shocked!

Name:	photo(5).JPG 
Views:	479 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	1326188

Name:	photo(6).JPG 
Views:	478 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1326189

and he gives it to me!

she then points to the Red and Black G-Shock stand and tells me: "I'm getting you that next!" I was like "babe, no way they giving that!, they never do!"
    these shop ppl always give those cheap old Casio stands but never give the red g-shock ones, they always say stuff like "we have to account for it to the company" and stuff like that.. so then my wife was like "ok, you keep quiet, I'll ask" and she did and he just took the watch that was using the stand and removed it and BOOM!

Name:	photo(4).JPG 
Views:	478 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	1326195

I was shocked.. I stood there smiling & shaking that mans hand and wishing him a Happy New Year!! lol finally got a proper G-Shock stand.

My wife got me the Eminem's as a late Christmas present as well!

which reminded me, when I met her like 8yrs ago in University and we were dating.. the 1st thing she ever bought me was this Slim Shady Cartoon DVD:

Name:	eminem-slim-shady-show-tv-2000-photo-GC.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1326198

I need to find it and watch it again.

from now on I'm taking my wife with me G-Shock shopping every time!
    Last edited by starscream; December 28th, 2013 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_R View Post
    Congratulations!!! I've been trying to get one myself, but I live way down I Mississippi. I even went to the macys in New Orleans but they haven't received it yet.
    Glad to see somebody get it that will really love and cherish it!!!
    Man I love the XL 6900s too. But il always keep a few regular 6900s around.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!
    Thanks! hope you are able to track one down.. hopefully the US will get more stock. *fingers crossed*

I plan on keeping all my DW6900's wont sell any of them and will still wear them, but doubt I will buy any in 2014. Will just buy the GDX from now on.

EDIT: haha.. this turned out to be my 2000th post!

Name:	2000.gif 
Views:	2899 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1326201
    Last edited by starscream; December 28th, 2013 at 20:29.
    Crater likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information