Rare Frogman?

Thread: Rare Frogman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare Frogman?

Guys, was wondering if you all could tell me if this Frog is considered rare. I have a chance to buy it, but I wasn't sure if I should. The owner claims it is pretty rare. Thanks all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink Re: Rare Frogman?

Hi Bob,

Do we know your friend? This is about the holy grail of new Frogmans, the Brazillian Frogman. I believe it's pretty rare.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Rare Frogman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Bob,

Do we know your friend? This is about the holy grail of new Frogmans, the Brazillian Frogman. I believe it's pretty rare.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Sjors
    It was on the Bay, out of England from a seller with the name 'toneblues'. I just received a second chance offer on it since the high bidder failed to complete the transaction. The seller said that he won the watch in a charity auction, but has no interest in it, hence ending up on the Bay. I'm going to guess that we won't find him on the forum.

I thought it might have been a Brazilian, but wasn't sure. So this would definitely be worth picking up?

Thanks!
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Rare Frogman?

Hi Bob,

It looks you are very lucky if you can buy it for a good price. I'm afraid you won't find easy one less than $300,-!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I remember this photo is from Ebay auction few days ago. The seller said this is Addict Frogman. If it is real Addict Frogman, it is very very rare only 400 pcs limited.

But the auction page did not provide clear photo to show it is Addict Frogman and it did not come with original box which have numbered. If it is general relased Brazilian Frogman, it is rare too not that rare compare with Addict.

Sjors

Thanks for the info, I believe I'll go ahead and take the plunge.

Sammo

How would I tell if it is an Addict? You are correct, this is the same watch that you saw on the Bay.

Thanks!

How can you tell if it's an Addict or a Brazilian? Is the model number different on each one?

You can ask the seller sent you a clear photo of the band loop first, if real Addict Frogman, the band loop is black colour and have word "ADDICT".
    Normal Brazilian Frogman is white colour.

Quote Originally Posted by bob5150
    Sjors

Thanks for the info, I believe I'll go ahead and take the plunge.

Sammo

How would I tell if it is an Addict? You are correct, this is the same watch that you saw on the Bay.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSolar
    How can you tell if it's an Addict or a Brazilian? Is the model number different on each one?
    The ADDICT comes with a camo box with a plain black G-SHOCK box inside. The box has a small number on the outide claiming XXX/400.

The watch inside the box, Brazillian or Addict, both have the BRAZILIAN tag on.

I originally had 22 ADDICT'S from Japan, so I honestly don't believe that their were only 400.

I'm guessing if ther was one on EBay, it probably doesn't have any box, tags or manual with it for whatever reason, presuming it is used.

The only way to tell in this case would be the band retainer.

The ADDICT has a black band retainer that has addict in raised letters on it. The BRAZILIAN has a white band retainer with no wording.

This is the only difference.

The BRAZILIAN was also a Japan only "Limited Product", although their would have been thousands made.

I originally had 50 for sale domestically in Japan and also international.

The ADDICT and BRAZILIAN share the same series of serial numbers, hence forget about the 400 spiel

All the best - OZZIE

Buy it, buy it!

WallaceD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information