which is the rarest G-SHOCK

Thread: which is the rarest G-SHOCK

which is the rarest G-SHOCK

considering the current production, the limited editions, the vintage models but NON considering the versions with the diamonds?
    thank you
    GV

Re: which is the rarest G-SHOCK

One of the rarest is probably the DW-5500C - the "G-Shock II". It wasn't very popular when it was first released and therefore only produced a limited time. It's also very hard to find in good condition now. Well preserved specimen can catch well over 1000$. But there are other rare birds, too - it was just the first one that came to mind. In fact there are others on the forum that know a lot more about vintage G-Shocks than me.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I'd guess that serial number one of the first G-Shock production ever made will be the rarest G-Shock ever.

The question is too big.

P.S. Real G's don't wear diamonds.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, in addition to that which was already said above, it also depends on what you mean: are you talking about production models or not? If not, one might consider the original prototypes of the DW-5000C, which had the words 'team tough' on 'm, of which only a handful exist.

Of production models, probably indeed the DW-5500C. The biggest problem with this one is that you cannot find a replacement bezel, and the ones with the original bezel intact are exceedingly rare. If memory serves, a couple of months ago one actually sold on the Bay for over 5 grand..

I myself am very happy with my DW-5000C (first watch in my signature, click for details..): not the rarest, but it is the first, and that makes it very special in my book:)

Paul

There are tons of limited editions, but I'd say in the MRG line, the Revman with blue face (the black is much more common). I have the blue, but I'd have to say I prefer the black dial better. plus there are actually 2 versions of the black face - little known fact. They differ by some small bit of lettering on the dial. I only found that out a year ago!

Neil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    One of the rarest is probably the DW-5500C - the "G-Shock II". It wasn't very popular when it was first released and therefore only produced a limited time. It's also very hard to find in good condition now. Well preserved specimen can catch well over 1000$. But there are other rare birds, too - it was just the first one that came to mind. In fact there are others on the forum that know a lot more about vintage G-Shocks than me.

Greetings, Sedi
    Well here it is for sale. Casio: G-Shock DW-5000C-1A DW-5xxx photos, videos and specifications DW5000C-1A | Watch Archive

Thread Information