Raysman Dw-9300 Parts

Thread: Raysman Dw-9300 Parts

Raysman Dw-9300 Parts

Need some parts, has anyone experienced this

I just got a DW-9300 and in the proses of setting the date and time the rubber on the outside of the buttons started falling apart. I guess the rubber had gotten so hard and dry over the years it started breaking and pealing when changing the date and time. Is their anything I can do for repairing or geting parts?
    :-S

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: Raysman Dw-9300 Parts

Quote Originally Posted by nzambr

I just got a DW-9300 and in the proses of setting the date and time the rubber on the outside of the buttons started falling apart. I guess the rubber had gotten so hard and dry over the years it started breaking and pealing when changing the date and time. Is their anything I can do for repairing or geting parts?
    I've seen some RAYSMAN in Japan that have deteriorated over time that were sold as used, taking into account that these models are eight years old, so I guess it can be expected.

I know that doesn't help you much, but your best bet for seals and parts would probably be Tik Tok or other forum members

I have seen some photos by other members who do have parts.

You can also try here for spare bands and bezels, possibly ask for seals, etc. http://www.tiktox.com/

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by nzambr

It's not pure rubber but a compound which mimicks the elasticity and feel of rubber. Over time, and with exposure to UV light, environmental variances and body emulsions such as salts and amino acids, the compound decomposes.

There is no repair method and replacement with a new bezel would be the only course of action which I could suggest. Post on a few of the WTB (Want To Buy) forums and I suspect you may find a used replacement bezel at a reasonable price.

Hopes that this helps and good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess my durability g-shock quest is over. I will stick with my favorite g-shock
    DW-8300 built tough. To bad I really like the 9300 but it can’t hold up.
    Sadly I will probable scrap it because I hate imperfections when I am trying to put together a collection. Some g-shock are just more durable then other.
    :-S THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE
    I've seen some RAYSMAN in Japan that have deteriorated over time that were sold as used, taking into account that these models are eight years old, so I guess it can be expected.

I know that doesn't help you much, but your best bet for seals and parts would probably be Tik Tok or other forum members

I have seen some photos by other members who do have parts.

You can also try here for spare bands and bezels, possibly ask for seals, etc. http://www.tiktox.com/

Hope this helps

So basicly i am looking for a DW-9300 BAZEL thats the name. THANKS..
    Also the ink started rubbing off the G-SHOCK Logo and the big G Logo.
    The watch looks like new ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan
    It's not pure rubber but a compound which mimicks the elasticity and feel of rubber. Over time, and with exposure to UV light, environmental variances and body emulsions such as salts and amino acids, the compound decomposes.

There is no repair method and replacement with a new bezel would be the only course of action which I could suggest. Post on a few of the WTB (Want To Buy) forums and I suspect you may find a used replacement bezel at a reasonable price.

Hopes that this helps and good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by b_andersen
    Yes, the button design on 1990s Master of G models like Raysman, Gaussman, and the 90s Mudman, all have this potential (eventual?) problem.
    i think they are good for what they are designed for --> to be mud resistant

but i have to agree that the area that covers the button may be a "potential" problem area

and i do found operating the buttons to be a little more difficult (despite the large button area)

just becareful when removing/cleaning the bezel. also, when operating the buttons, using the "flat area" of the thumb/finger, don't use finger nails to bite into the bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by b_andersen
    Casio hasn't made this type of button design for about six years now. It only made watches with this style of button cover for a couple years, on late 90s models including: Raysman, Mudman, and Gaussman.
    and DW8500 Codename

Thanks for all the info..

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    and DW8500 Codename

Thread Information