RC Indicator on my GW9010 shows "G" all the time...

Thread: RC Indicator on my GW9010 shows "G" all the time...

RC Indicator on my GW9010 shows "G" all the time...

I'm a newbie somewhat to G's... so bear w/me.

So is this normal? I have the Time Update set to auto so it will sinc automatically... but from what I thought I was reading is that the RC Indicator 'window' will be blank and only show the "G" when the watch is sincing... is this correct?

Should the "G" be there all the time or is something wrong w/my G?

I went off and left my Users Manual at home so I can't look up this... so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: RC Indicator on my GW9010 shows "G" all the time...

The G should be there all the time, if it is syncing OK.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post

Thanks.
    If the watch has successfully synched with the atomic signal that day the 'G' sign will show all that day, unless you manually alter the time after the sync (Why would you!).

Any day that the watch fails to sync the 'G' will not be present.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification/explanation.

In the main time keeping mode if you press the lower right button (Stop/Start/Forward) it will show you the time and date of the last sync.

Since you are in Oklahoma and close to the atomic transmitter in Colorado I can't imagine you'd have any issues with the daily synchronization.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I'm a newbie somewhat to G's... so bear w/me.

So is this normal? I have the Time Update set to auto so it will sinc automatically... but from what I thought I was reading is that the RC Indicator 'window' will be blank and only show the "G" when the watch is sincing... is this correct?

I went off and left my Users Manual at home so I can't look up this... so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I must be in a bad area for syncing because my 3 day old muddie rally has not sync properly yet so no "G" for me in the window. I tried manual receive near my window and everything. It is set to ON for receive and everything else seems like it is working correctly. Sometimes when it syncs it will show L1 then L2/L3 but after a few minutes will always come back with a ERR on the bottom lefthand corner. Anyone have any other advise on how to sync? Also I have set my HOME city to the closest city in my area and leave my watch by my window at night. Power saving is ON on the watch and not sure if that has to do anything with it. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. I also tried it at my job and left it by the window to see if it syncs but comes back with ERR. I am pretty sure it works fine just in a bad area for syncing.

Suspended

late night/early morning is best time. reception can be spotty. try different areas for better reception. I have noticed with a different waveceptor that just a few inches can make the difference between good reception and bad. the window is not always the best location. Oddly, the best location I have found in my bedroom is right in my watch box located in the center of my room.

Thanks I will try that. Sorry about posting that in here and did not mean to steal the thread. I just did not want to make multiple threads talking about the same stuff. Feel free to private message me also with any advice.

JMS

Go on they always say "G" cause they are G-Shocks. stop fooling round
    The simply pleasure of holding life’s vintage treasures is truly a joy. Some stay, some go to make room for others, you play with them for a while then look for a new toy, it is an addiction at least, a fascination of what is no more at best!

BEST REGARDS,

JMS

Thread Information