Ready to pull the trigger, but which reseller?

Thread: Ready to pull the trigger, but which reseller?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ready to pull the trigger, but which reseller?

Hi guys,

1) I am ready to buy a gshock. But, my parameters is that I have to buy on amazon because I have a gift card there.

I can buy straight from amazon and be 100% confident that it is real in its original packaging, and be 100% that it is real. But ,I would not be able to get a white or say a orange one that i really want. I would have to stick to the normal mudman or gulfman etc.

If i buy from a third party seller on amazon, I risk it being a "grey" market watch...am i correct? Is it possible that I would get a fake one from a third party seller on amazon? I was thinking of getting it from shopemco, which I know has great reviews (but only 96% on amazon ratings) but i checked their website and they are not an authorized casio seller. I know that princeton watches is an authorized one, and they have an amazon store, but the selection is less than shopemco and the prices are more expensive.

I am just paranoid about receiving a g shock that is fake or not in the original packaging. I dont want to get say a youth/tough culture watch or something like that, with it being taken out and put in a different packaging...

Any advice guys?

2) do the youth/tough culture watches come in that g shock tin? Is there a list that shows which ones should?

Thanks in advance

Re: Ready to pull the trigger, but which reseller?

i've bought a bunch from shopemco off ebay and have been extremely satisfied. I purchased at least ten g shocks from them without any issues at all.

i buy almost everything that isn't food on Amazon, lots of times from 3rd party sellers, and never had any problems. especially if it's a 3rd party seller but it says "fulfillment by Amazon", i've always been pleased.

got a classic 5600E from Amazon 3rd party seller not too long ago, came in original packaging with manual/tag, everything.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Amazon won't sell you a fake and I would be very surprised if one of their 'marketplace' sellers sold you one.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Amazon has always been good to me, even through lots of third party sellers.

What model are you looking for exactly? That might help us point you in the right direction.

Paclaging might be the only concern with buying there. You might not get a tin sometimes, but that seems to be less likely now. A few years ago it seemed like all the Amazon G-Shocks came in the cheap boxes with little plastic stands. Now it seems like the tins are way more common.
    Last edited by Riley; January 13th, 2011 at 22:37.

I am looking to get one or 2 of these, but remember I have to get it on amazon (direct or third party) because I have a gift card there.

Mudman G-9000MX-8DR
    G9000R-4DR

G-Shock Tough Culture #DW6900CS-7
    Casio G-Shock Mens Watch DW6900CS-1

G6900B-1DW-6900CB-1DR

DW6900SB-2

so shopemco on amazon is the same one one ebay? Their ebay ratings seem super high whereas on amazon seems just avg. But they are not an authorized dealer i dont think...

Any advice is welcomed :) ( I want to make sure that my first g shock is a 100% real, unused one in original packaging )

I know sticking to amazon and buying from them and NOT third party sellers is probably the safest way to go, but amazon doesnt have the colors I want ( I guess i could settle for a normal mudman or something)

So shopemco selling thru amazon (not fulfilled by amazon) is safe and I will get a legit, new, and NOT grey market watch? The packaging would be normal retail packaging as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Amazon has always been to me, even through lots of third party sellers.

What model are you looking for exactly? That might help us point you in the right direction.

Paclaging might be the only concern with buying there. You might not get a tin sometimes, but that seems to be less likely now. A few years ago it seemed like all the Amazon G-Shocks came in the cheap boxes with little plastic stands. Now it seems like the tins are way more common.
    Last edited by rydude07; January 11th, 2011 at 02:04.

Bump...

So what would you guys do? Shopemco via ebay seems to have very good reviews but on amazon, they only have a 96% with complains that the boxes didnt come in the greatest condition...Are they the same company via ebay and amazon?

Would you guys just buy straight from amazon since for sure it would be 100% real, unused and in orginal packaging?

Thanks again for everyone's help!
    ?

bump...any advice as I am about to purchase it real soon.

I've never bought from Shopemco (through Amazon or otherwise). But they seem to be a typical discount G-Shock seller that sells whatever they can get for whatever they can get. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of service from them directly, but you should expect a real G-Shock from them. The packaging should be authentic, but it might not necessarily be the one you want (or complete). That's a chance you take with many retailers. Heck, Macy's charges full retail price, and you're probably less likely to get all the packaging right with them. But when you buy through Amazon you can always get a full refund if you're not satisfied (even through 3rd party sellers).

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I've never bought from Shopemco (through Amazon or otherwise). But they seem to be a typical discount G-Shock seller that sells whatever they can get for whatever they can get. I wouldn't expect too much in the way of service from them directly, but you should expect a real G-Shock from them. The packaging should be authentic, but it might not necessarily be the one you want (or complete). That's a chance you take with many retailers. Heck, Macy's charges full retail price, and you're probably less likely to get all the packaging right with them. But when you buy through Amazon you can always get a full refund if you're not satisfied (even through 3rd party sellers).
    Yah not knowing for sure if my watch is 100% brand new unworn, in new packaging would be hard if i dont buy straight from amazon itself. sigh i guess ill go with a normal mudman or something

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information