Is this a real G!?

Thread: Is this a real G!?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member JohnnyBlazE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,223
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

  2. #2
    Member Mecha-Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Looks like Paul has to much time on his hands He must be bored or out of work looking for something to do
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

  3. #3
    Moderator G-Shock Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    No model im aware of.

    Anyhow, also a real G wouldnt survive a sledge hammer.

    I would like to see this test repeated with a real G strapped to a wrist.
    I suspect the wrist will be destroyed long before the watch is gone.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,488

    Rolling eyes Re: Is this a real G!?

    Obviously a fake. A very poor looking fake. It probably doesn't even say Casio on the display. It's the type of watches you could buy on your tropical holiday for less than $5.-. I think I even have one similar kind of watch, which I got over ten years ago with a bottle of Desperados.

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  6. #5
    Member JohnnyBlazE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    No model im aware of.

    Anyhow, also a real G wouldnt survive a sledge hammer.

    I would like to see this test repeated with a real G strapped to a wrist.
    I suspect the wrist will be destroyed long before the watch is gone.
    Au contraire G-Shock Tough Test - BoxView : Download YouTube video, Dailymotion, Megavideo, Vimeo, Metacafe
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

  7. #6
    Member JohnnyBlazE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Obviously a fake. A very poor looking fake. It probably doesn't even say Casio on the display. It's the type of watches you could buy on your tropical holiday for less than $5.-. I think I even have one similar kind of watch, which I got over ten years ago with a bottle of Desperados.

    Cheers,

    Sjors

    Lol nice!

    My cousin's CLUB-G went under the wheels of a bus and survived...
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

  8. #7
    Moderator G-Shock Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Casios hammer test is somewhat "reluctant".
    Is not visible in the video if the watch is placed on a hard surface and the hammer of unspecific weight is only swinging by gravity.

    But placed on a concrete floor and smashed with some power and a 1kg+ steel hammer- the watch will fail, whatever model build in quantity (the 12000m depth record watch from Rolex may survive if the doomed crystal dont shatter) it is.

    Dont ask, i will not prove it with one of my watches.

  9. #8
    Member JohnnyBlazE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,223

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    Casios hammer test is somewhat "reluctant".
    Is not visible in the video if the watch is placed on a hard surface and the hammer of unspecific weight is only swinging by gravity.

    But placed on a concrete floor and smashed with some power and a 1kg+ steel hammer- the watch will fail, whatever model build in quantity (the 12000m depth record watch from Rolex may survive if the doomed crystal dont shatter) it is.

    Dont ask, i will not prove it with one of my watches.
    Oh, check the full vids on G-Shock.co.uk:

    GShock
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

  10. #9
    Moderator G-Shock Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazE View Post
    Oh, check the full vids on G-Shock.co.uk:

    GShock

    Im still not convinced.

    look here for a baseball bat test by a forum member:

    YouTube - G-Shock Tough Test #3

  11. #10
    Member Eleventh Hour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kali
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Is this a real G!?

    I thought these G-Shocks were bullet proof???

    YouTube - CASIO G-SHOCK Test of Bulletproof

    1911-The most beautiful delivery system for 230 Grains of lead

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •