Recall on PRW-5000 Bracelets?

Thread: Recall on PRW-5000 Bracelets?

Recall on PRW-5000 Bracelets?

So I one this PRW-5000 on ebay and 2 days go by and the guy tells me there is a recall by casio on the PRW5000 due to a defect in the titanium bracelet. So I can either get a full refund, swap it for a PAW-5000 (yeah right! not for the price I paid for it) or wait 4 to 6 weeks for new ones to come in. Naturally i asked for the refund but I wanted to know if there really is a recall or if he's full of it.

Re: Recall on PRW-5000 Bracelets?

Hmm. I'm on this forum daily - not all the time - but enough to see what happens each day.

And I've not seen any mention of a recall of that model. Or of any other Casio, to be honest, since I've been here.

It would be worth checking the Digital/ABC forum too, but I would think that the story you've been given certainly warrants suspicion and further investigation.

If it were me, I'd cancel the purchase, as it sounds fishy.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

yeah sounded fishy to me too, we'll see if that refund goes through.I remember using ebay back in the 90s and people were so nice and everything had free shipping and everyone wasn't looking to swindle every last penny, now its just full of less than reputable people...
    Last edited by a.amadeus; August 27th, 2010 at 00:57. Reason: watching my language ^_^

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mind the language, amadeus.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

If it's not too much trouble, and won't make either of you cranky, try to get the seller to be specific...or have him point to some independent info source detailing this 'recall'.

I just bought this bracelet from Tiktox and put it on my PAW5000-1. So if this recall is at all legit, a lot of us would find this information useful.

EDIT: I also shot off an email to Keith so we'll see what he says.
    Last edited by Shademantis; August 27th, 2010 at 00:37.

I shot him another email asking for any literature he had on the recall to inform my colleagues who may be interested in this watch as well. The specific watch I purchased was the PRW-5000T-7ER (yellow in the face and titanium bracelet.)

Sounds like he's trying to weasel out of the deal - I take it you got it for a good price? I highly doubt there has been some sort of recall.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

it was buy it now for $555 or make an offer I offered $500 shipped and he accepted after two days. I've seen the watch selling online for anywhere from $580 to $800 so I guess he found someone to pay more for it. I don't care beyond the fact hes most certainly lying to me, so once I verify he is lying I'll just leave negative feedback stating he lied about the deal and when a good deal comes up in the next months I'll just snag another one.

Thread Information