A recent catch the DW-6900UN-4JR Union Pegleg.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Mitch100

Thread: A recent catch the DW-6900UN-4JR Union Pegleg.

A recent catch the DW-6900UN-4JR Union Pegleg.

Here is a watch that I have coveted for many a long year. However, only a very limited number were ever issued and the ones that came up for sale subsequently were priced really very high, even when they were used and had no accompanying boxes or papers. There are some on eBay at the moment but they are all used and mainly don't have all or any boxes or papers and all are priced at a pretty penny.

Well I finally saw one for sale in Japan and at a reasonable price. The watch was not described very well, it didn’t say how much use it had had or anything really about the condition. I could see it had all the boxes and papers though and from, the admittedly not very good, photos I could not see any significant damage or wear. So I took a bit of a chance and bought it and I was the only bidder.

So here it is, the DW-6900UN Union Pegleg.

What a good catch, the watch is unworn and has all the boxes, papers and tags. It is a very attractive thing one of the best looking DW-6900’s ever issued.

The LCD is really unusual and it lights up really well when you activate the light.

Of course being unworn, do I keep it that way as a collectors piece rather than wear it? Ahh..... the dilemma of a G Shock fanatic.

Mitch

Re: A recent catch the DW-6900UN-4JR Union Pegleg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Here is a watch that I have coveted for many a long year. However, only a very limited number were ever issued and the ones that came up for sale subsequently were priced really very high, even when they were used and had no accompanying boxes or papers. There are some on eBay at the moment but they are all used and mainly don't have all or any boxes or papers and all are priced at a pretty penny.

Well I finally saw one for sale in Japan and at a reasonable price. The watch was not described very well, it didn’t say how much use it had had or anything really about the condition. I could see it had all the boxes and papers though and from, the admittedly not very good, photos I could not see any significant damage or wear. So I took a bit of a chance and bought it and I was the only bidder.

So here it is, the DW-6900UN Union Pegleg.

What a good catch, the watch is unworn and has all the boxes, papers and tags. It is a very attractive thing one of the best looking DW-6900’s ever issued.

The LCD is really unusual and it lights up really well when you activate the light.

Of course being unworn, do I keep it that way as a collectors piece rather than wear it? Ahh..... the dilemma of a G Shock fanatic.

Mitch
    Nice one Mitch!

I wouldn't want to wear that!! Glossy G's, as you are most likely well aware, have an awful tendency to "chip" and wear.

Depends on how much you want to protect it!
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Nice one Mitch!

I wouldn't want to wear that!! Glossy G's, as you are most likely well aware, have an awful tendency to "chip" and wear.

Depends on how much you want to protect it!

It certainly is glossy.

I will probably just leave it as a collectors piece for now. I think wearing it on the fourth of July would be appropriate.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

whoa, what a fine piece !

Quote Originally Posted by g-fob2 View Post
    whoa, what a fine piece !

Cheers!

It is a very striking piece for sure.

Mitch

Thread Information