Recent developments on this forum and my life.....

Thread: Recent developments on this forum and my life.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Recent developments on this forum and my life.....

Almost three years I moderate this forum and, until recently with lots of joy. The way some people like to attack eachother, show their disrespect to other members has driven this place from a great peacefull sociaty in a few months to a bearpit.

Me, my family, my students, colleagues and my work suffer from these recent developments! Although I got up at 5.30 this morning I hardly had time to get Bram out of bed, give him some food and bring him to school, while he will be at his grandma until tomorrow , so I haven't even got quality time for him this morning. Some of you understand I love my son and want to spend some time with him. Instead it ended up this morning in a little crying guy in the middle of the garden with his bike in his hands screaming "I hate you dad!".

In the beginning we had just as much members as now, and I franklie, didn't have to moderate at all, since people were, probably acting like in my liberal colorful spirit of G-Peopleland (refering to many great coments I got from visitors).

I feel very sad about ganging up agains single members causing Mike to leave.

A close colleague and watchcollector (Richel, check my g-peoplel section) has been diagnosed prostate cancer, which is the second close colleague in a short time diagnosed wth this disease, which amplifies my sad feelings too

I had a great night doing recordings in my studio last night, but appearantly the words that I don't have to worrie about this forum had no meaning (yeah, try to find that post back in this mess).

Work here have piled up sky high due to being on the forum instead of doing my job, and I'm afraid I will be home late. It will be followed by a wedding party.

I have asked the help of Thimothy and Obie to clean up the mess, which gives me a very bad feeling. Thimothy has his hands full on the Sinn forum and now I have put him up with more work.

<snip>

I hope I can do the clean up at my work today and I can safely go to the Wedding Party tonight.

Kind regards,

Sjors

Last edited by Timothy Patrick; May 13th, 2006 at 00:55. Reason: removal of a possible inflammatory phrase
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: Recent developments on this forum and my life.....

Hi Sjors -

To be honest, along with Mike, I will also lay off for a while as I really need more time to do other things.

I really can't handle all the rubbish that certain members keep posting for their own goodwill.

It doesn't affect me morally, but after a while you get the feeling that you are communicating with a child who has a serious problem.

I do communicate with many previous members privately who have long since departed because of the rudeness, crudeness, call it what one will, and we may just sit back until it's clean again and we will all return.

It used to be great. The good old days I will call them with Bhree and his funny carrying the whatever it was off topic not G-Shock, etc.

Antonis, Mike, and all other's I missed here, guys, let's sit back, relax, and hopefully we can all return together and get the forum on track.

Let's wait for them to walk out the open door, and then we will return to a clean room so to speak!

Sjors, you are a true bloody legend, mate, I sent you that watch to you because I like you and respect you. If not for you, then Bram.

I love kids.. Taught them in Japan for many years, hope to have a few of my own soon.

I won't hang here as I can't be here without you and all other good members..

Edited out by Obie......

Good luck mate. Best wishes to your family, and please pass our well wishes and thoughts onto Richel.

tell him to keep positive, keep him happy, and I'm sure things will work out.

Signing off until they go.

See you soon.

All the best - OZZ
    Last edited by obie; May 12th, 2006 at 14:54.

Sjors, I can only wish you the best. Same to you Ozzie.

Hope that the forum can go back to days of 2004.... Simple and informative.

It's all about the Watches....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sjors:

Best to you. I hope you can get things back on track. You alone are the Master of G, and as I've said in the past the reason many (most) of us come here.

Peace.

Sjors, i dont need to tell you this... but the REAL world comes first... Never forget your piorities.

Sorry to hear about your friend...

Thumbs Up Re: Recent developments on this forum and my life.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C
    Sjors, i dont need to tell you this... but the REAL world comes first... Never forget your piorities.

here here jeff well said
    me too sjor hope all goes well with your mate
    cheers for all your help over the past year
    and to ozzie too have a good one mate
    and to all forum members i must say ive learnt something new each day cheers to all
    HAPPY G SHOCKING

Anton

Respect to you Sjors. You're Mr G-Shock as far as I'm concerned. :gold

I endorse Zeno's last statement also.
    Last edited by Anton; May 12th, 2006 at 13:48. Reason: typo

Sjors
    I Have Been Unable To Access The Links On Your Messages!!
    Please E-mail Me Directly!! It Is Important To Talk!
    David C/casiovet
    Last edited by Sjors; May 12th, 2006 at 15:07.

Sorry to hear about your friend Sjors, I wish him the best for a full and speedy recovery. Thankfully he now knows about the problem and can agressively treat it.

I understand too about family responsibilities, which is why I've not been online nearly as much as I used to be. G-shocks will come and go but with family it's not the same. Take the time you need for them and yourself-the burden isn't all on you and I think we can all do our part to act in a civilized and courteous manner.

Kev

Hi David,

please contact me via my G-Peopleland contact page. I have seriously not much time, sorry. I will try to chech my postbox as soon as possible!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information