Rechargable cell for GW300

Thread: Rechargable cell for GW300

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rechargable cell for GW300

Hiho all,

I've got a GW300 that wants a new cell...any ideas where to get one in the UK?

Once it's done and working then I'm gonna "Hydro" it.

TIA

WigglePig

Re: Rechargable cell for GW300

Where are you in the land of Enger?

this may help...or may not.

recently got a NOS raysman. Would not charge, tried everything. Opened it, had a Panasonic ML2020 (Manganese Lithium-Ion rechargeable cell). I got info from Panasonic and charged it manually, note I used an £800 power supply that allowed me to limit the current to 3mA I think it was...can't recommend trying this without very fine current limiting. But anyway I put it back in and has been fine since, BUT from other members posts I strongly suspect it was cleaning the battery and contacts that actually made it work. So try a gentle polish and refit the battery without touching it with greasy fingers. Else call casio uk they can get you a battery I am sure, might not be in stock though they might have to order it. Try online but be careful you don't buy one elsewhere then find it is the solder in type with pcb tags..I nearly bought a battery only to discover at the last minute it was tagged type.

good luck, Carrot (dave)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

interesting

its the first case that i heard a raysman not charging

(maybe i just haven't been read hard enough :-D )

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    interesting

its the first case that i heard a raysman not charging

(maybe i just haven't been read hard enough :-D )
    This is probably a stupid newbie question, but do you eventually have to replace the Tough Solar batteries? :-S
    I was hoping to never have to unscrew the back and everything. O|

Evenentually the battery will need to be replaced. They are said to last about 10-15 years. Keep in mind that even though the battery may last over 10 years the rear seal will need replacing after 4-5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock
    Evenentually the battery will need to be replaced. They are said to last about 10-15 years. Keep in mind that even though the battery may last over 10 years the rear seal will need replacing after 4-5 years!

Of course that is also dependent upon the idea that casio has the case back gasket in 4-5 years. They don't seem to keep parts long

Of course the fact of the matter is this if you don't get it wet (toomuch) and the seal is not disturbed then not changing the seal after the recomended 4-5 yrs probably will not hurt the watch and cause leakage. I think Casio over engineered the caseback gasket to make it tougher then the avrage caseback gasket, because the pre EL backlight G's were designed for ten yrs battery life and that was so that owners did not have to remove that case back for many yrs, so having to replace a seal and removing the caseback every 3-4 years defeated the purpose of a 10yr battery.

Of course I don't know about you but I don't plan to wear the same watch for 15 stright years

Cheers
    Leon
    Last edited by Sjors; February 25th, 2006 at 01:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Eckell
    Of course that is also dependent upon the idea that casio has the case back gasket in 4-5 years. They don't seem to keep parts long

Of course the fact of the matter is this if you don't get it wet (toomuch) and the seal is not disturbed then not changing the seal after the recomended 4-5 yrs probably will not hurt the watch and cause leakage. I think Casio over engineered the caseback gasket to make it tougher then the avrage caseback gasket, because the pre EL backlight G's were designed for ten yrs battery life and that was so that owners did not have to remove that case back for many yrs, so having to replace a seal and removing the caseback every 3-4 years defeated the purpose of a 10yr battery.

Of course I don't know about you but I don't plan to wear the same watch for 15 stright years

Cheers
    Leon
    It was more of a conceptual question I guess. I don't think I can wear the same watch for 15 years, however, I was thinking if it was a rechargeable batteries, like all rechargeable batteries tend to lose their charging capabilities after some time. If it takes 15 years then that's great but most batteries that I've used, laptops, AA and such lasts 1-2 years max. I don't know if I am comparing the same things. If someone have a tough solar can chime in on this. Does the watch charging capabilities decrease over time?
    Minh

Many members including myself own a Raysman(first tough solar produced). They are about 7-8 years old and are still able to achieve and hold a full charge on the original battery.
    Last edited by G-Shock; February 25th, 2006 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock
    Many members including myself own a Raysman. They are about 7-8 years old and are still able to achieve and hold a full charge on the original battery.
    Great. That's what I wanted to hear before I buy a G-shock tough solar watch. Thanks gang.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information