Recived my GS1300...
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recived my GS1300...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Recived my GS1300...

Hello everyone...

I received this yesterday and I apologize for the poor quality pictures. Although this appears to be vary dark, it is in fact lighter than what these pictures show. I’m referring to the black IP finish on the case. I’m not good at taking these types of pictures and this is why I don’t post the rest of my modest collection that I already discussed.

Comparing this to my other GIEZ’s, this GS1300 is lighter on the wrist, and noticeably thinner, one of the reasons why I wanted it. I do wished however, the face was offered with other colors than red, black and white as shown. I tend to like a bit of gold somewhere on the face. Overall I do like the watch, although it came with many functions I may not enjoy or use as much as others would. I read a lot about it before buying, so there aren’t any surprises; it’s exactly what I expected.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Recived my GS1300...

Nice little watch, that's for sure! I'm like you in that I don't use many of the "extra" functions, but perhaps it's nice to know that they're there. I reckon the GS1300 is one of the very best quartz chronos for the price. And surely the unique rubber band contributes to that feeling of lightness.

So far there have been four dial variations of this model. A gold is not out of the question in the future- Casio has done many editions with gold highlights.

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Congrats on an awesome Giez! I love this watch, with its stainless case and solid build, plus Casio's attention to detail - it is one sharp G!

Enjoy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice indeed - they all look really classy to me.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

In the last week I have received two Casio G-shock watches from Amazon .com.
    The first was a GS1100-1A which did not chime on the alarm or any other sound feature. I sent it back to Amazon and got a GS1300B-1A in its place from Amazon.
    The new GS1300B-1A unlike the first watch seemed brand new and wrapped and tagged like other new Casio G-shock GS13000B-1A watches, but this one too does not make a sound.
    The watch works perfectly except for it does not make any sounds. Does anyone have a reason what the cause may be?
    I can live with the watch for the time being, but I might consider a warranty repair if it still is a bother to me.
    Has anyone else experience a similar problem with Casio analog watches?

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ sailing40,

congratulations to your Giez 1300. it's probably the most advanced and best fully featured g-shock chronograph that casio did release to date. looks very good, enjoy it.

@ sidecross,

there are no hourly chime or button sounds on casio analog-only watches. the only sounds you will hear are those of alarm and countdown timer.

cheers
    bezgeo85 likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Welcome to the forum, sidecross!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thank you Cal..45 and tribe125, yes now I know about the chimes and when they work.

This is a very fine watch and I am very pleased with it; I would recommend this watch to anyone.

Good choice. Beautiful watch.

I think my original problem might have been caused by the battery not being charged enough to ‘beep’.

I put the watch by a window for a few days and the ‘beep’ sounded as it should. I have no idea how long the new watch was in the dark being boxed and stored. I do remember that the watch out of the box moments after I received it made no sound.

Luckily I found this web site and was able to get good responses.

Thanks again and I am very pleased with watch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information