recommend a watch for a farmboy

Thread: recommend a watch for a farmboy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

recommend a watch for a farmboy

hello all. i've been looking at g shocks on the net and my girlfriend likes baby gs. she has 2, 1 pink and 1 blue. but dont ask me about the model coz i dont know anything about these watches!
    please recommend a g shock for me

i work in my farm and i need a good all around watch that i can wear at work and when i go out to the mall. i prefer a metal band because i have a resin watch already but different brand.

i need a watch with functions like compass, stopwatch, alarm, and thermometer. but i need a very durable one because i get my hands on a lot of dirt and biological/organic matter like crap, live vaccines, food, etc.

so the watch i prefer is one that is not a magnet for dirt and grime. and can be easily cleaned. because these tend to sneak into the small spaces in my present watch.
    :thanks:thanks:thanks

p.s. how does hard water affect g shock? i have stains on the face of my current watch they look like water stains on the windows of cars when it rains and you dont wipe the water off. help!!!
    Last edited by goldendragon; September 14th, 2007 at 13:43.

Re: recommend a watch for a farmboy

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon View Post
    hello all. i've been looking at g shocks on the net and my girlfriend likes baby gs. she has 2, 1 pink and 1 blue. but dont ask me about the model coz i dont know anything about these watches!
    please recommend a g shock for me

i work in my farm and i need a good all around watch that i can wear at work and when i go out to the mall. i prefer a metal band because i have a resin watch already but different brand.

i need a watch with functions like compass, stopwatch, alarm, and thermometer. but i need a very durable one because i get my hands on a lot of dirt and biological/organic matter like crap, live vaccines, food, etc.

so the watch i prefer is one that is not a magnet for dirt and grime. and can be easily cleaned. because these tend to sneak into the small spaces in my present watch.
    :thanks:thanks:thanks

p.s. how does hard water affect g shock? i have stains on the face of my current watch they look like water stains on the windows of cars when it rains and you dont wipe the water off. help!!!
    Hello, the best option...THE MUDMAN.

With a compass and thermometer among your requirements, you've actually excluded all G-Shocks...

You could look at the Protrek / Pathfinder watches, but many of these might be too bulky for farm work.

I would also favour resin, because it is much easier to clean. Metal bands will inevitably accumulate dirt in the work you do.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

oh :( ill go to a store on sunday to look at the watches. the reason why i dont like resin too much is because it traps the sweat and dirt and doesnt allow my skin to breathe. yuck! hehe

One problem you may experience with your type of work and all of the "ABC" (Altimter, Barometer, Compass) watches is that they all have sensors of some sort. Sensors mean holes in the case... holes in the case mean gunk in the case if you do your kind of work. I would consider maybe two watches... I know thats not what you wnat to hear, but give your kind of work I would want a straight up 200M G Shock. Then I woudl get an ABC watch for play.

There are so many cool G's out there on metal. I dont know if you dig analog hands but I jsut got a 1210 and its freaking AWESOME! Solar, atomic, analog, with LED lights!

The MTG 9XX line may do it for you... solar, atomic, all digital...

These MRG watches would but they are pretty hard to find... a little smaller...
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

wow! what is the exact model/series of the first one? its looks real good. atomic would be no use for me here in the rice fields in the philippines. but i do get a lot of sun...and rain...hehe

if theres a watch like that without the atomic thing, it would be great for me style-wise. having the feature means added cost and batt consumption that i cant take advantage of.

Thats a GW1210A

Check out HB Watches... HERE IS THE LINK... I just did a simple search for Metal and Analog/Digital.

You may not buy from them... but you can see lots of different styles. I woudl jsut search around... there are SO many models out there!

thanks! i havent exaCTLY checked the prices at the local dealers we have here. but at least i have price for comparison. :D

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon View Post
    thanks! i havent exaCTLY checked the prices at the local dealers we have here. but at least i have price for comparison. :D
    Do you know of 21Jewels? His prices are good and his service excellent. Although his range isn't huge, he can get watches in for you.
    http://www.21jewels.com/index.asp

Btw, we get the atomic signal from Japan here in Oz, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if you get it in the Philippines. I would also suggest you get a 200m G-shock just because of the humidity and tough working conditions.

I quite like this all digital G-shock (metal band)...

NICE one blue!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information