I do this every few years when I am ready for my next G-Shock. I am not the regular I used to be so some of the models have escaped me. I am looking for suggestion for my next G-Shock. I have had the 2300 and the old riseman in the past. My current G's are the 9300 mudman and a 7900 rescue. I also have a love of analog divers as well.
Here's what I think I am looking for:
- Digital. I find the faces of Analog G's to be too "busy" for me.
- On the larger side. I love the footprint of my mudman. Specifically the diameter. Not the height as much.
- Basic lines. I am less and less fond of useless bezel features that have no purpose (screws on the 7900 or the ridges and valleys around the mudman for example). Was thinking something along the lines of a 5600 only maybe bigger???
- Would prefer atomic sync (is that still a thing?)
- World time is a must as I do a lot of work with my company's international offices and I am starting to travel a bit (but I think pretty much all digital G's will have that, no?)
- Positive display.
- 5th light button is a nice to have but not a requirement.
- Reasonable price. Not looking to go into really high end G's.
- No special function requirements. Most all G's I've had have the same basic functions that I use. Stop watch / countdown timers / alarms.
Thanks for looking and any input is appreciated.