Recommendations Regarding GW M5610BA and Bluetooth Watches

Thread: Recommendations Regarding GW M5610BA and Bluetooth Watches

I collect many different types of watch and I currently have a GW M5610BA atomic solar watch with the blue lettering. I really like the watch, but am not really happy with the band. The forth hole in the band feels just about right and is a tiny-bit loose. The fifth hole is too tight. Therefore I always use the forth hold in the band. On dry days, I find that he watch tends to rotate on my wrist because the inside of the band is very smooth. There is nothing to keep it from rotating. Sometimes this is quite annoying. I am wondering if there is another model of this watch with a band that is not entirely smooth on the interior such that it won't rotate as easily.

Also, I have been thinking about purchasing one of the new Bluetooth models in the same style and am wondering if it is worth the upgrade. I understand that only one model is available in the USA and that model has a negative display. Is it a reasonable upgrade to get the Bluetooth watch? What functions does it provide other than being able to control function from Bluetooth on my phone? Does it really drain the battery? Are the Bluetooth models solar? Do the Bluetooth models also receive the signal from the atomic clocks? If the Bluetooth models do not receive the signal from the atomic clock, can they be told to automatically update from the phone that they are connected to?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Bluetooth resin models do also have multi band 6 but I was under the impression that it goes for Bluetooth sync first and only under certain conditions does it sync using atomic. It does have a few functions that regular 5610 doesn’t have, but the ones I find most useful is that under world time, you can preset up to 5 time zones and rotate only among those instead of 40+ cities, and of coz by using your phone you can change which 5 cities you want.

I currently own regular 5610 and had the Bluetooth resin square a while ago but eventually traded away. YMMV but I do not feel it’s worth the upgrade.

Re: Recommendations Regarding GW M5610BA and Bluetooth Watches

The GW-B5600 models are solar and MB6. One nice feature they have, that the GW-M5610 and many other solar Gs lack, is showing the current time in other modes, like the countdown timer and stopwatch. One feature they lack, that the GW-M5610 has, is showing the battery level on the LCD (the app is needed to show this info).

Regarding the fit, most of my Gs vary from day to day and season to season, due to my wrist changing size with temperature and other factors. The strap holes on all of my Gs are fairly widely spaced, so this doesn't help any. A bracelet with a tool-free micro-adjust in the clasp would help, but I don't think the combi bracelets used on the squares (the old design or the new design) have this feature.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What is the backlight like on the Bluetooth models? Is it an EL like on the GW M5610BA or do they use another type of backlighting technology?

With regards to not being able to monitor the battery condition on the face of the Bluetooth models, do you find that the Bluetooth operation drains the battery quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchGeek View Post
    What is the backlight like on the Bluetooth models? Is it an EL like on the GW M5610BA or do they use another type of backlighting technology?

With regards to not being able to monitor the battery condition on the face of the Bluetooth models, do you find that the Bluetooth operation drains the battery quickly?
    As far as I know, it has an LED backlight that fades on and off gradually.

I can't comment on BT affecting the battery life, since I don't own one.

Thread Information