Red Mudman on 4-watches.com

Thread: Red Mudman on 4-watches.com

Red Mudman on 4-watches.com

What's up guys,
    While perusing www.4-watches.com I noticed the Toyota muddy selling for $70. I wanted to know if many anticipated the watch being more exclusive, and in turn, overpaying for the watch? From what I was hearing, I thought the watch would be produced in limited quantities.

Re: Red Mudman on 4-watches.com

I was of the opinion it was still a limited run but does seem to be popping up everywhere. I paid about £70 ( inc p+p) which looking back was too much compared to the recent prices, but at least it was hot off the press!

Watches are frickin evil!

Cool Re: Red Mudman on 4-watches.com

Quote Originally Posted by 11wordisbond View Post
    What's up guys,
    While perusing www.4-watches.com I noticed the Toyota muddy selling for $70. I wanted to know if many anticipated the watch being more exclusive, and in turn, overpaying for the watch? From what I was hearing, I thought the watch would be produced in limited quantities.
    One thing to learn about Casio

Casio do not most often have "Limited production"
    They have "Limited Run"

This means that Casio decsides that it will be a limited model and produced only during a short time. The first batch of this model was only 1000 pieces. However if it becomes popular and the first batch is sold then Casio will produce more copys as long as it is done within a specific time frame. So it is a demand-supply situation.

But one thing is sure the second hand value of limited models will in the long run be significantly better then or the standard models. So in a couple of years the TLC Muddies in mint condition will probably be more expensive then today perhaps it will be $120+watches then as they become rarer on the market.

Regarding 4-Watches I dont recommend dealings with him. I have recently been in contact with him regarding a query on e-bay about combined shipping and he was nothing but rude to me even though I had not been rude to him. And now when I have been in contact again about this Mudman I dont even get any reply back anymore. Really bad businessman and he is really bad at English which coudl become a problem, I think it is a Japanese guy. And also he has different shipping costs at his shop compared to his e-bay auctions on his shop to Sweden it is over $31 and on e-bay he offers $15 shipping. Really false practice!

I dont recommend him deal with honest sellers instead like HBWatches or someone else!

Also when buying a TLC Mudman from 4-Watches it seems you will only get a standard black casio G-shock card board box referred to as box #1. Normally this one comes in a special red/black card board box witha picture of a Toyota land Cruiser on it. For this watch the box will be important since it greatly affects the second hand value in the collectors market. So since the lack of this special box will reduce its value its not such a bargain after all.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; August 21st, 2007 at 06:39.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

Casio do not most often have "Limited production"
    They have "Limited Run"

This means that Casio decsides that it will be a limited model and produced only during a short time. The first batch of this model was only 1000 pieces. However if it becomes popular and the first batch is sold then Casio will produce more copys as long as it is done within a specific time frame. So it is a demand-supply situation.

But one thing is sure the second hand value of limited models will in the long run be significantly better then or the standard models. So in a couple of years the TLC Muddies in mint condition will probably be more expensive then today perhaps it will be $120+watches then as they become rarer on the market.

Regarding 4-Watches I dont recommend dealings with him. I have recently been in contact with him regarding a query on e-bay about combined shipping and he was nothing but rude to me even though I had not been rude to him. And now when I have been in contact again about this Mudman I dont even get any reply back anymore. Really bad businessman and he is really bad at English which coudl become a problem, I think it is a Japanese guy. And also he has different shipping costs at his shop compared to his e-bay auctions on his shop to Sweden it is over $31 and on e-bay he offers $15 shipping. Really false practice!

I dont recommend him deal with honest sellers instead like HBWatches or someone else!

Also when buying a TLC Mudman from 4-Watches it seems you will only get a standard black casio G-shock card board box referred to as box #1. Normally this one comes in a special red/black card board box witha picture of a Toyota land Cruiser on it. For this watch the box will be important since it greatly affects the second hand value in the collectors market. So since the lack of this special box will reduce its value its not such a bargain after all.
    Thanks, all this is good to know.

Inactive

[quote=Joakim Agren;474046]One thing to learn about Casio

Hi Joakim,

Very informative. Now I know why the G9000TLC is flooding the market though it is a so-called Limited Ed. Guess that applies to G9100TC as well.

Yeah, ordered my G9100TC for $99 thinking I was really getting a bargin. You can buy 'em all day now for $80.???? Go figure

[quote=SideWinger;475610]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

Hi Joakim,

Very informative. Now I know why the G9000TLC is flooding the market though it is a so-called Limited Ed. Guess that applies to G9100TC as well.
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Thread Information