Red Round Button on My G9000-1V Mudman has a Creaking Noise when Pressed. Is this Normal?

Thread: Red Round Button on My G9000-1V Mudman has a Creaking Noise when Pressed. Is this Normal?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Question Red Round Button on My G9000-1V Mudman has a Creaking Noise when Pressed. Is this Normal?

I just received a brand new Mudman G9000-1V. I noticed that there is a sticky creaking/clicking noise each time when I press the top right red round button. The noise sounds like a creaking/clicking plastic sound like when soft plastic touches another piece if soft plastic or rubber. The sound has a sticky click to it. I can hear this click noise each and every time when I press the top right red round button on my Mudman. The clicky noise is always there when that particular red round button is pressed. Is this normal? What is this soft clicking sound that I hear?
    All the other buttons on the watch are all fine and they do NOT make any clicking noise when they are pressed. What is causing this clicking noise to occur in this one button on my Mudman watch? Is the button on the watch module defective? Or is the outer round red button on the outer part of the watch case defective. From looking at my watch, I cannot see any deformities on the outer red round button. It looks fine.
    Is the click noise created from when the inside of the red round button touches the watch module button when it's pressed? Is the inside of the red round button "too soft" making it stick to the module button creating the click noise to occur which I hear each time that it's pressed? This sticky clicking noise is driving me crazy whenever I press the top right red round button. It's always there. All the functions on the watch work well.

Also, when I received my Mudman, it was sitting "bare" on its plastic Casio watch stand inside the Casio box without any clear plastic protective baggie over the watch. Does anybody in here know whether or not the G9000-1V Mudman should come with a clear plastic protective baggie over the watch inside its Casio box?

I would appreciate your input and your help on this issue. I really love my Mudman very much and I am hoping that the sticky clicking noise on that one particular top right round red button is a normal thing. Does anybody in here know?
    Last edited by casiomaniac; April 23rd, 2009 at 06:31.

Banned

Re: Red Round Button on My G9000-1V Mudman has a Sticky Clicking Noise when Pressed

bump

Re: Red Round Button on My G9000-1V Mudman has a Sticky Clicking Noise when Pressed

You're most likely hearing the audible illumination vibration described in the manual in the Reference section heading "illumination Precautions". Check if the auto EL feature is on or off.

K.
    Last edited by Konrad; April 23rd, 2009 at 02:34. Reason: EL

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."

-- GK Chesterton

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    You're most likely hearing the audible illumination vibration described in the manual in the Reference section heading "illumination Precautions".

K.
    I read about that in my user's manual and it says that the audible illumination vibration comes from the auto light switch and not from any of the other buttons on the watch. But I don't think that that's the problem.
    I've noticed that the sticky click sound that I am hearing happens even when I put the slightest pressure on the top red round button with my finger. The button does NOT have to be pushed in all the way in for the sticky click noise to occur. The slightest touch to the button causes the click sound to occur. It seems as though the inside part of the round red button is making a "creaking" or a "clicking" sound when the slightest pressure is applied to it causing the click/creaking noise to occur. Is this normal????
    Last edited by casiomaniac; April 23rd, 2009 at 02:40.

I would take the bezel off the Mudman and press that pusher on the bare module. If it clicks without the bezel attached, you know it's inside the module. If not, then maybe it is somehow the inside of the button sticking to the pusher as you thought. In that case, I personally would see if for some reason there was a substance on the inside of the button (doubtful) or if it was maybe a fitment issue that could be rectified by putting the bezel back on. If it was my watch I would try boiling the bezel and see if that helped. More than likely though, it's just something that will go away with time and use.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

I have a G-9000 3v and the lower right button has always done the same thing.It doesnt effect the use of the button so I never worried about it.And Ive had this watch for two years.So I wouldnt worry about it .
    ]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-shock1968 View Post
    I have a G-9000 3v and the lower right button has always done the same thing.It doesnt effect the use of the button so I never worried about it.And Ive had this watch for two years.So I wouldnt worry about it .
    So yours makes the same "creaking" noise as mine does at the "slightest touch" to the lower right button?
    I've been playing around with mine and it seems that the creaking/click noise happens when the upper right round red button is very slightly touched by my finger. I don't have to put any pressure on the red button in order to hear the creaking noise. It sounds as if the noise is coming from the red button itself when it is touched. Do you think that inside part of the red round button might have a very miniscule freeplay in it or that the inside of the button itself might be molded a little larger or a little smaller than the bottom right button causing the creaking noise to occur? I cannot think of any other reason(s) why the top right button makes this creaking sound at the slightest touch by my finger every time when I lightly and gently touch that particular button?
    Last edited by casiomaniac; April 23rd, 2009 at 03:18.

Oh Percy, just send it back already
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Banned

I think that I pinpointed the exact source of the creaking noise. I think that it's coming from the circumfurence edge and from the middle part of the button. The button creaks whenever I touch it and whenever I gently press on it's circumfurence edge and also when I also gently touch or press on the middle part of the botton. I think that the top right button on my Mudman might have a slightly looser fit to it than the other bottom right button causing it to creak when you gently touch it and when you also push it.
    Last edited by casiomaniac; April 23rd, 2009 at 06:31.

Banned

bump

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information