Red on the top of the world: G-7900 at the mountains!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Red on the top of the world: G-7900 at the mountains!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LUW

Cool Red on the top of the world: G-7900 at the mountains!

A few days ago, some of you may recall me asking about which watch to get, a G-2300F-4DR or a G-7900A-4 (the thread is here). After going through all the replies, and after reading cal..45's "comfort report" and George's idea to make a BR version (), I ordered a G-7900-A4 and at the end of last week it arrived . Almost at the same time, I also received my first froggie, so I didn't get to wear the G-7900 very much right away. This weekend however, it's been on my wrist since Saturday, and the first thing I have to say is that it's COMFORTABLE !!!

I had this "big" bike ride scheduled for this morning with a few road bike buddies, so I planned on taking the Red Beast along. Though my sissy buddies stood me up ( don't trust grown men who shave their legs), the weather was nice and I went solo. I didn't want to make new route plans, so I went along with the original itinerary that we had planned, so only pavement (those sissies don't ride on dirt ). Close to my city there is this HUGE cement industry that carved a road through some hills and mountains to their quarry.

The interesting thing (well, at least for us, that don't see this down here very much) is that this road is made of cement. I know that in the US that is pretty common, but down here roads and streets are always paved with asphalt. If you want to see where that is, click here. As I wrote above, I was nicely surprised about how comfortable the watch is. When I measured it, before I even tried it on, I was kind of skeptical that it would be a "nice wearing watch", since it has 50,4 mm of diameter and 17,9 mm of height. It's my largest watch and also tallest, but still very comfortable to wear.

Yep, yours truly is the handsome one there . The great thing about this road is that on weekends it's basically deserted of traffic, so it's around 15 km of smooth pavement that snakes up and down hills basically to yourself. That's why road bikers love it, the only tough part is that there isn't 10 m of flat surface, you're either going up or going down. The picture above I took at the apex of what I call the "1st mountain" on my way back. It's a 2 km downhill, and at the foot of the mountain you can get up to almost 55 km/h without pedaling . Good thing the G-7900 is light: only 70 g (to my surprise lighter even then the Ti GW-200Z).

The 3194 module is very good, and of notice has two stopwatches and moon & tide info. Unfortunately you cannot see the current time in SW mode, or even in CT mode . Why does Casio always do that? But mine at least is pretty accurate, and in three days it's only 3 seconds early.

On the way back you have to pass in front of the cement factory, and since it was Sunday, the place was working only on a skeleton crew and everything was calm, so I could take all the pics I wanted. Normally there's too much heavy truck traffic to comfortably stop on the shoulders of the road. On the way back I was thinking about why is this watch comfortable? Is it just because of the "wings" at the lugs ? Or is it the size + overall case shape? Whatever is the reason, Casio did a fantastic job in the wearability department.

Almost at home I have to cross that same highway I showed in the Frog shots, this time a look from the other side of the pedestrian catwalk. Since I didn't do absolutely nothing of off-road, as penitence to the Mountain Bike gods, I took the long way home, and after 53 km I was home. Tired but once again with the .....-eater grin on my face .

I already ordered a Burning Red bezel & strap kit (thanks Carence! ), so pretty soon I'll have some news .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: Red on the top of the world: G-7900 at the mountains!

Nice pics of a nice watch! I think I should give mine some more wristtime. Really cool to learn a little about where people live and what they do btw. I think I should do a little photo-thread about Bamberg one day. The countdown timer does show current time btw.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Nice pics and the 7900 seems to hug your wrist perfectly!
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Nice pics of a nice watch! I think I should give mine some more wristtime. Really cool to learn a little about where people live and what they do btw. I think I should do a little photo-thread about Bamberg one day. The countdown timer does show current time btw.

cheers, Sedi
    You're right, it does! Hadn't noticed it before you said, but just checked and there's the time ! And why is it so hard for Casio to do that with the SW?
    PLEASE do a photo-thread, one of the high lights of an international forum is exactly the possibility of learning about new cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by n_wildgirl View Post
    Nice pics and the 7900 seems to hug your wrist perfectly!
    Thanks . I was surprised how well it sits on my wrist. I don't like small watches but of course I also don't like things like this:

Thanks to TLex and OceanicTime

Cheers!
    Luciano

This is a satellite dish if I'm not mistaken!
    "Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

LUW

And a pretty crappy one, because it does NOT receive any radio or GPS signal!
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post

I already ordered a Burning Red bezel & strap kit (thanks Carence! ), so pretty soon I'll have some news .
    You're welcome bro. It's on it's way to you. Should be in Brazil as we speak. Waiting for custom clearance.

It will look like this after the swap

Congrats - the 7900 is definitely a keeper! And the standard red is a great popping red too ... the BR will looks great too, but there's something very cheerful on the standard. Enjoy... great pics too btw.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Glad you like the G-7900's wearing comfort buddy, some very nice pictures you've made there btw.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

LUW

Thumbs Up Re: Red on the top of the world: G-7900 at the mountains!

Thanks guys! I'm proud you guys liked the write-up!
    I'm not used to such a bright and HERE-I-AM! watch, so the BR mod will make it a bit more discreet. Funny, but the white lettering on the bezzle grabs my eye everytime I look at the watch. With black letters I think I'll "feel" it as more discreet.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information