Refurbish Price?

Thread: Refurbish Price?

Refurbish Price?

I have an 8 year old G-2900 I would like refurbished with a new bezel and band. Does anyone on here refurbish G-Shocks and how much?

Thanks

Re: Refurbish Price?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesandwiches View Post
    I have an 8 year old G-2900 I would like refurbished with a new bezel and band. Does anyone on here refurbish G-Shocks and how much?
    If you know how to operate a screwdriver, you can probably replace your own bezel and band for only the cost of parts and a little in postage -- seriously!

It might help to know what country you live in, though, before we start directing you to parts suppliers.

Texas USA

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd recommend Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. -- if you go to their model number search and put in G-2900, you'll find that their database shows 27 different versions of the G-2900: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=g2900&row_start=1&action=search _model

It looks as though most of those are different cosmetic differences, like red letting on the bezel, yellow lettering, and so on.

For the most basic model, they have the band in stock for $10.08 and the outer bezel -- like most of their inventory -- is not in stock but they can get it from Casio relatively quickly for $5.02. Parts list for the G-2900-1A: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=Casio&model_id=G2900-1A&row_start=1&src_model_id=g2900&action=list_par t

Domestic shipping for small orders has been $4.95 for several months, so it looks like a $20 project to get that G-2900 looking like new again!

To follow the OP's original intent, I, too, would like to know if anyone in the US will work on g-Shocks for payment. Specifically, I would like to have the lettering, which i think may be decals, removed from the glass(?) face of a G-Shock in a manner that would not compromise its integrity. Injuries to my hands limit what I could do, so I would rather pay someone. Any referrals? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I'd recommend Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. -- if you go to their model number search and put in G-2900, you'll find that their database shows 27 different versions of the G-2900: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?model_id=g2900&row_start=1&action=search _model

It looks as though most of those are different cosmetic differences, like red letting on the bezel, yellow lettering, and so on.

For the most basic model, they have the band in stock for $10.08 and the outer bezel -- like most of their inventory -- is not in stock but they can get it from Casio relatively quickly for $5.02. Parts list for the G-2900-1A: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=Casio&model_id=G2900-1A&row_start=1&src_model_id=g2900&action=list_par t

Domestic shipping for small orders has been $4.95 for several months, so it looks like a $20 project to get that G-2900 looking like new again!

Thank you very much.

Thread Information