Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

I just got a MIRB frogman in the mail. The package was driven over by a car and the can inside was smashed to a pancake. So bad you could see the imprint of the watch in the tin can. The Frogman took a hit and survived so far as I can tell. I took it's resin parts off to see if the case looked funny or had cracks and I was surprised to find it was a black case with just a ti caseback. Is this frogman supposed to have a full ti case or not? Maybe the black case is ti but it doesn't look like it. I will have to post pics of the watch and packaging because it's a real testament to the G-shock.

These two are how it came out of the box.... not looking too good.

At this point I have not seen the watch yet. I was just taking unpacking pictures to ensure the case was documented fully. Never had an "unboxing" quite like this one!!!

Seems the "set" pusher was bent in the accident, will that affect water resistance? Looks a little tilted, it's the far button in the picture if you can't tell.
    Last edited by Doctorsti; January 12th, 2010 at 13:55.

Rolex 116610LV HULK Submariner
    Rolex 216570 Explorer II Polar White
    Rolex 16610 circa 1991
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 9300
    Grand Seiko SBGA029 Spring Drive Diver
    Casio GW-5000

Re: Is the GW200MS frogman supposed to have full ti case?

WOW...please post pics. As for the the case of your MIRB, it is all titanium. The back is naked titanium where as the main body is black ion plated titanium!

Re: Remember Frogger for Nintendo, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

Wow Frog vs Car and of course Frog survives to see another day Did this happen during shipping and who was is through. I just mailed a couple of G shocks for a trade I dont want them being run over.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Remember Frogger for Nintendo, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Wow Frog vs Car and of course Frog survives to see another day Did this happen during shipping and who was is through. I just mailed a couple of G shocks for a trade I dont want them being run over.
    USPS... already called them to file a claim. What do I claim?

Rolex 116610LV HULK Submariner
    Rolex 216570 Explorer II Polar White
    Rolex 16610 circa 1991
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 9300
    Grand Seiko SBGA029 Spring Drive Diver
    Casio GW-5000

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post

Wow...I just purchased a Mudman from forum member 'jinxed' and I kidded him about his good packaging when it arrived. I joked that "it's a G"...it doesn't need any stinking packaging...I guess I was wrong !!!!! :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
    USPS... already called them to file a claim. What do I claim?

The bezel will cost about 25 plus shipping 4.95. have to think the straps might be damaged and the are about 20. just the bezel, strap, shipping is close to 50 dollars. you might want to have it checked out before claim is finished. if the case is damaged or say you cant unscrew caseback it could be a total loss technically. I would also order the black bezel screws they are 1.50 apiece.

That really sucks. Good luck.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by obsidial View Post
    Wow...I just purchased a Mudman from forum member 'jinxed' and I kidded him about his good packaging when it arrived. I joked that "it's a G"...it doesn't need any stinking packaging...I guess I was wrong !!!!! :oops:

Nobody expects there G to be run over by a truck. My brogher in law was telling a co worker how tough his G2300 is and ran a fork lift over it. no problem but it was flat. G shocks would not take the weight if it was sideways. I would not do that with any of my G's but hey thats just me

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Re: Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

Wow pretty tough watch! I have one of those en route-hopefully it will not be run over-hard to imagine that happening but you never know... If you get money from USPS it can likely be repaired by "Casiosalesandservice" as most of the parts are more or less available. Your attitude toward the matter is refreshing...

Re: Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

The part numbers and prices are available on the thread below:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=328151

If a pusher is bent, however, I would claim the full sales price.

Miami, Florida - United States of America

Lightbulb Re: Remember Frogger for Atari, looks like the Froggie survived, you gotta see this!

See it this way, you have a great story to back up the "battle scars" of your Frog and real life story to support the claim of being a G-SHOCK watch! Would any other watch survive this situation? I don't think so! If it did, the owners would have a fit with the small "battle scars" created by its own survival! Enjoy it with pride.

Kind regards,

Urashima Taro
    iamsupersam likes this.
    --
    "Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value."

- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information