Removed 3 links

Thread: Removed 3 links

Removed 3 links

I tried removing four links, and adjusting the clasp, but it was too tight. I ended up removing three links, and adjusting the clasp all the way in to make it comfortable. Is having the band offset and longer on one side a big deal to anyone here?

Austin

Re: Removed 3 links

Sometimes you've just got to do it, as you've found out has never bothered me tbh, though a difference of more than one on each side would probably be bothersome.

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHend1983 View Post
    I tried removing four links, and adjusting the clasp, but it was too tight. I ended up removing three links, and adjusting the clasp all the way in to make it comfortable. Is having the band offset and longer on one side a big deal to anyone here?

Austin
    It wouldn't bother me as long as it looks alright, and it's definitely preferable to having it too tight. I've always managed to juggle between the clasp and links to keep them even, but if only removing 2 links and fully adjusting the clasp leaves it too loose, it was your only option.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On my MTG910 I've got 4 links on one side and 5 links on the other side. I go for good balance and comfortable feel, and it works for me on this watch.

I know there is a 'right' way to have unequal lengths, so that the watch sits well on the wrist - but I can't remember what it is.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Mine sits comfortably, and the clasp is slightly offset on the inside of my wrist. One side has 3 full links and one 2/3 link while the other side has 5 whole links and the one small plain non-decorative link that sits under the clasp when it is latched. I'd rather it be this way than too tight. With the four links orignally taken out I couldn't fully bend my wrist.

I always take off the odd link on the 6 o'clock side. Seems to ride best there and looks decent.
    G-Shock G2300
    G-Shock DW6600
    G-Shock GW1500
    G-Shock GW9000
    Citizen BN0016 Orca
    Citizen BJ8040-08E Zilla
    Seiko H558-5009 Arnold
    Seiko SHC059 Sawtooth
    Seiko SBBN007 Tuna Can
    Orient Star WZ0271FD 300M

I agree with JCRaw. I think it is best to make the bottom (6 o'clock) half of the strap significantly shorter, sometimes by more than one link. This brings the watch further down on your wrist and stops it hanging off the back of your wrist when you lift your wrist up.

Luke

Thread Information