Removing a G-shock bezel?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LUW

Thread: Removing a G-shock bezel?

Removing a G-shock bezel?

Maybe someone can tell what the best/easiest way is to switch a bezel? If you just pull it over the buttons does the bezel stretch so that there is slack between it and the case if you put it back? Can or should you remove the buttons?
    Hope someone can help me out here!

Re: Removing a G-shock bezel?

Hi Pete:

First, I assume that you have the type of bezel secured to the module by means of four (4) small phillips head screws, one (1) near each lug. Carefully and slowly (you want to avoid stripping out the screw head) remove each screw setting them aside with reference to the position from which each was removed (you want the same screw to go back in the same hole).

Now take a thin but dull bladed tool (I use a watchmaker's knife) and slowly pull the bottom of the bezel away from the module just below the two pushers on one side. As the bezel clears the top of each pusher use your finger to move it slightly upward so that it is resting on the top of the pusher instead of around it. Once you have done this with both pushers on one (1) side it is a simple matter of rotating the bezel over and to the opposite side of the module and the bezel will be freed from the module.

Use a reverse technique to re-install. Never attempt to remove the pushers, at least not the button pushers common on the 5600, 6900, etc.

Pete, the key is to take your time and be gentle with the parts.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Mike Hogan; February 17th, 2006 at 19:39. Reason: spelling
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

and if you have a DW5XXXC series with metal case under rubber bezel, then i think i heard from here (from the big crash) that it's better off just destorying the bezel, then using solvant to on the screws to minimize the chance of broken/stuck screws

broken/stuck screws on DW5XXXC case suck O|

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you guys for the fast and great replies! I'm learning stuff here everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Thank you guys for the fast and great replies! I'm learning stuff here everyday!
    Like stockai stated, Rip the old bezel off to expose the screws. Then carefully back the screws out. If you feel them bind stop.If it's a 691 version it is probably older,so the screws have been in a long time and they are very difficult to remove withot breaking them off.
    Last edited by dw5600; February 20th, 2006 at 00:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post
    Hi Pete:

First, I assume that you have the type of bezel secured to the module by means of four (4) small phillips head screws, one (1) near each lug. Carefully and slowly (you want to avoid stripping out the screw head) remove each screw setting them aside with reference to the position from which each was removed (you want the same screw to go back in the same hole).

Now take a thin but dull bladed tool (I use a watchmaker's knife) and slowly pull the bottom of the bezel away from the module just below the two pushers on one side. As the bezel clears the top of each pusher use your finger to move it slightly upward so that it is resting on the top of the pusher instead of around it. Once you have done this with both pushers on one (1) side it is a simple matter of rotating the bezel over and to the opposite side of the module and the bezel will be freed from the module.

Use a reverse technique to re-install. Never attempt to remove the pushers, at least not the button pushers common on the 5600, 6900, etc.

Pete, the key is to take your time and be gentle with the parts.

Good luck!
    hey, what if you have an x-large series like the Ga-110 series am i supposed to remove all the screws (6, including the one in the middle of two buttons) or am i just to remove 4 (2 on each side)?

LUW

Beware! The dead walk among us...
    Fer Guzman likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thread Information