Removing lettering from gloss finish resin.

Thread: Removing lettering from gloss finish resin.

Removing lettering from gloss finish resin.

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a DW6900 CS-1. As i do not like the lettering on the bezel i have tried removing them with Evostick adhesive cleaner. This took forever and there are still small flecks of paint that won't budge. Could this be because the resin is gloss finish? I am thinking of buying the standard matt finish bezel and strap and trying again. Would the lettering come off easier or would i have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Marelli

Lightbulb Re: Removing lettering from gloss finish resin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marelli View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recently bought a DW6900 CS-1. As i do not like the lettering on the bezel i have tried removing them with Evostick adhesive cleaner. This took forever and there are still small flecks of paint that won't budge. Could this be because the resin is gloss finish? I am thinking of buying the standard matt finish bezel and strap and trying again. Would the lettering come off easier or would i have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Marelli
    If you don't want to remove lettering, you could buy the bezel/band combo for the DW6900MS-1 from Casio USA.

Re: Removing lettering from gloss finish resin.

I have a small can of automotive basecoat reducer that I use with a tooth brush. Takes it off quick and doesn't scuff it up. If you try this method, just make sure you wipe off any residue.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Thread Information