Repair Service for Japan Domestic Models

Thread: Repair Service for Japan Domestic Models

Repair Service for Japan Domestic Models

Good day to you all,

i recently ordered a GW-5000-1JF via a trusted japanese internet seller. Great service so far. However, i am now making my mind up, what could be done in case of repair. My place is Germany and Casio Europe so far refused any service or even shipping to Casio Japan. The internet seller would be ready to onforward the watch to Casio Japan, but points to the custom´s fees, which might come up on the return entro into Germany.

I do not have any direct contact adress for Casio Japan. I now took two bezels and two straps on stock, just in case. Anyone who has experience with repair service for Japan domestic models or could hand me a direct contact adress to Casio Japan ? I know, G-Shocks are reliable and the risk of repair is limited. However the DLC-doated steel case of the GW-5000-1JF might need some polishing and brushing in case of dings or scratches during the time.

LUW

Re: Repair Service for Japan Domestic Models

The warranty does NOT cover the DLC coating, unless it's some sort of production defect. If you get it scraped up, you can't polish it, the only way to make it look new again is by swapping the case/case back for a new one.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thank´s for Your thoughts. That´s why i ordered two spare bezels . From a general perspective and not only with view on warranty: How can a domestic model be repaired in case the Casio Center covering the region does not accept the watch (even not against costs)? From my understanding a worldwide service should include acceptance of the watch and in case they are not able to fix the damage by themselfes, shipping the watch to japan. I do not expect, this will be done for free.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

If you have the parts, you could send it to a "regular" watch repair shop, or even you could do the job - Gs are VERY easily maintained, as long as you got the parts and the (very) few tools necessary.
    AFAIK all Japanese brands have the same politics for their JDM models: in theory they can only be serviced in Japan, but not all regional repair centers will send them to the Mother Land.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thread Information