replacement frogman bands

Thread: replacement frogman bands

replacement frogman bands

I picked up my frogman this weekend from my parents house, after a couple of years of not wearing it.

I'm reminded why the frog is my favorite, but also remember why I had to quit wearing it. The strap's getting a little too bendy at the buckle crease, and I don't want to keep wearing it to the point of it tearing apart if there are no REPLACEMENT bands for it out there. I couldn't find any at that time, so probably evne more unlikely now, but just in case I'm overlooking them I thought I'd ask before retiring it for good. It's a gw200-2jf, but at this point I'd take any blue casio band that fits it. Even if it has a surfer or whaler logo.

Otherwise, if Casio intends these to be essentially disposable watches, then I'd rather leave it to collect dust in one piece.
    Certified: legally sane.

Re: replacement frogman bands

I have seen some Frogman bands on ebay, as I recall even a few blue ones. The only thing that would concern me is the fit, I'm not sure if the bands interchange.
    I would also contact Seiya Japan, I've bought several G-Shocks from him, his service is top notch, since he's in Japan he might be able to locate a band that would work for your Frog. Another option is buy the adaptors and put a Zulu strap on the Frog, I've seen several on this forum who have done this mod. and it looks great.

Hope this helps....good luck.

All GW-200 series Frogman bands will fit one another. Casio USA (800 223-2001) can get them for you but only the recent models are available. eBay would be your best bet if you must have a blue one.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You could get a GG band and bezel then dye it blue to match the original 2jf colouring.

Thats what I'm doing with mine.
    PRX-2000T-7JF
    DW-8400Z-1T
    DW-8400BK-1MJF
    DW-8400LG-8JR
    DW-8400NK-3T
    DW-8400Y-9T
    DW-8400G-1
    DW-8400-1V
    DW-8400BM-1T

Any GW2XX frog skin will fit. And they are still available. You can easily paint the letters on the bezel, if you prefer. I personally don't care about the prints in the module matching the colors of the prints in the bezel.

Thread Information