Replacement Strap for gw6900

Thread: Replacement Strap for gw6900

Replacement Strap for gw6900

I have a gw5600j and understand that a zulu with the strap adapters will not fit. What about the gw6900? Will the zulu and strap adapters fit it? Which solar watches will take a zulu strap?

Re: Replacement Strap for gw6900

Why shouldn´t teh Adaptors fit on the GW 5600? AFAIk it uses the same strap as the 5600 e and G-5600, so the adaptoras should fit.
    It will, however, definetely fitr the GW 6900, it uses the same strap as teh DW-6900 and there is photographic proof here that a GW will take teh adaptors well.

Quote Originally Posted by wingtcoach View Post
    What about the gw6900? Will the zulu and strap adapters fit it? Which solar watches will take a zulu strap?
    Yes, adapters and a zulu strap will fit a GW6900 -- here's a thread that inspired me to do the same thing to mine: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw6...or-448931.html

Quote Originally Posted by wingtcoach View Post
    I have a gw5600j and understand that a zulu with the strap adapters will not fit.
    I'd thought I'd read where someone here RECENTLY "finagled" adapters onto a GW5600J -- the adapter should fit the lugs at "6 o' clock" just fine, but I'm not sure what they did for the 12 o' clock lugs to make it fit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech View Post
    Why shouldn´t teh Adaptors fit on the GW 5600? AFAIk it uses the same strap as the 5600 e and G-5600, so the adaptoras should fit.
    The GW-5600J body and strap are just SLIGHTLY different than a DW-5600 -- I ordered one by accident thinking that IT was the less-plastic-y, more rubber-y strap from another of the solar atomic squares and that it would fit my GW-6900 as well, and it didn't since the lugs at the "top" of the GW-5600J are slightly different.

Ok, so i stand corrected - learning som ething her every day.
    Until now i only handled some DW 5600e and DW-056, a DW-5000Sl a G-5600e and A GWM 5600 - all of which would take the adaptors (to my knowledge). I did believe the shape of teh case of the GW-5600J would be the same as one of those.

Does anybody own a variant of each 5600 case and would care to do a writeup about what 5600 variants use the same cases? Or am i just being ignorant and there is a thread like that already?
    I´ve been thinking about that sometimes when looking for spare resin for mods.

So in order to put a zulu strap on the GW6900 I have to order the clips for the G2900b? And evidently without some serious rigging there is no way to put a zulu strap on the 5600j.

No, the adaptors for the 2900 are shaped differently - The ones for the 5600 are the ones you want to order. In the US Casio sells the m directly, otherwise you can get them for exampel at Tiktox.com, westcoasttime or countycomm.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

No, the adaptors for the 2900 are shaped differently - The ones for the 5600 are the ones you want to order. In the US Casio sells the m directly, otherwise you can get them for exampel at Tiktox.com, westcoasttime or countycomm.
    can you get them in different colours? or just the standard black?

Or am i just being ignorant and there is a thread like that already?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/res...ml#post5041676

Looks like the only one compatible to the GW-5600 is the DW-56RT "Referee Timer" - one of the great overlooked models btw but sadly discontinued.

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; August 29th, 2012 at 01:14.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information