Replacing hands on G Shocks

Thread: Replacing hands on G Shocks

Replacing hands on G Shocks

I have been searching around online for guidance for replacing the hands on my G Shock but found nothing (GA110). I assume as there's no specific guidance that it's the same as most other watches i.e. pull them off with a hand puller and push the new hands on. I also assume the best way to reset the hands would be to put them back on at 12 o'clock and use the handset tool to re-align them. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Trev

Re: Replacing hands on G Shocks

I so want someone to answer this as it's such a great question, and I want to see your 'how to' after it's all done!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I have great interest in this subject and I have thoroughly researched this question before.

It is definitely possible to set the hands on Tough Movement watches. There is a function that will first reset the hands to 12 and then the procedure calls for all three hands to be set at once.

Apparently not an easy task to do if you want 100% accurate results, because there is backlash in the gears. Also I heard that you have only a limited number of trials per set of hands because the hands will get 'worn' from repeated setting/removal attempts. So you may need more than just one set of hands to begin with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have just ordered some hand pullers from ebay. No idea if they are decent quality all the ones they have look the same. They were seriously cheap so I may decide to look around for better ones if they turn out to be rubbish. Am already emailing pacparts about replacement hands just in case. Anyone know where I might find decent quality pullers if these turn out to be rubbish? Also any advice on the best types of lume paint to use?
    Trev

Thread Information