REPORTING THREAD FOR BEAST GPW-1000 SECOND HAND MALFUNCTION
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: REPORTING THREAD FOR BEAST GPW-1000 SECOND HAND MALFUNCTION

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

REPORTING THREAD FOR BEAST GPW-1000 SECOND HAND MALFUNCTION

I thought of opening a separate new thread for GPW second hand malfunction since we have one for GWG Mudmaster, and these are completely different movements. I reported my issue on MM thread first, but at that time I didn't see the second hand being stuck, so wasn't sure if I indeed do have a second hand issue. Today when I looked at the watch the second hand was not moving and stopped somewhere around 10pm mark. Slight tap on the watch and it moved but it is out of alignment and would not show corresponding markings such as YES or NO for sync for example. When you press button it goes to completely different place.

I know there were some other incidents with GPW's on the forum, so I hope we could gather these together here in one place to hopefully narrow it down to the year with batch numbers that are possibly affected. Please let's keep this thread very simple with the reports only and corresponding batch numbers as well as serials.

LIST OF USERS WITH THE SECOND HAND MALFUNCTIONS:

1. ZJAZZ- GPW Titanium version. Batch number G21D243F and Serial 68Cxxx.
    2. frhoads- GPW Titanium version. Batch number G21D243F and Serial 68Cxxx.
    3. Olyeller68- GPW (Batch and Serial unknown)
    Last edited by ZJAZZ; September 7th, 2017 at 17:39.
    MainePorsche and WES51 like this.

Re: REPORTING THREAD FOR BEAST GPW-1000 SECOND HAND MALFUNCTION

Thats the exact spot where second hand stops now. Sometimes hands adjustment moves it and it works for another hour or two, and then stops there again. Ohhh.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2377.JPG 
Views:	639 
Size:	783.5 KB 
ID:	12480107
    Last edited by ZJAZZ; September 4th, 2017 at 16:39.
    fcasoli likes this.

Mine has stopped several times at around 15 seconds.

When I have performed automatic hand resetting, the watch runs correctly for at least several days.

I had no idea that others have had similar problems. I thought it might have been related to the watch not "waking" properly after having been in a dark room for several hours, but perhaps that is completely irrelevant.

My serial number is the same [68Cxxx]. The batch number is G21D243F. Mine is also Titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJAZZ View Post
    I thought of opening a separate new thread for GPW second hand malfunction since we have one for GWG Mudmaster, and these are completely different movements. I reported my issue on MM thread first, but at that time I didn't see the second hand being stuck, so wasn't sure if I indeed do have a second hand issue. Today when I looked at the watch the second hand was not moving and stopped somewhere around 10pm mark. Slight tap on the watch and it moved but it is out of alignment and would not show corresponding markings such as YES or NO for sync for example. When you press button it goes to completely different place.

I know there were some other incidents with GPW's on the forum, so I hope we could gather these together here in one place to hopefully narrow it down to the year with batch numbers that are possibly affected. Please let's keep this thread very simple with the reports only and corresponding batch numbers as well as serials.

1. GPW Titanium version. Batch number G21D243F and Serial 68Cxxx.
    Last edited by frhoads; September 4th, 2017 at 16:58.
    /Forrest

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WOW! Incredible that we have exactly the same batch numbers, as well as exactly the same beginning of movement serials (6-2016 and 8-August). So possibly our watches were made together at the same time and it looks like both are affected. Sorry friend!

Quote Originally Posted by frhoads View Post
    Mine has stopped several times at around 15 seconds.

When I have performed automatic hand resetting, the watch runs correctly for at least several days.

I had no idea that others have had similar problems. I thought it might have been related to the watch not "waking" properly after having been in a dark room for several hours, but perhaps that is completely irrelevant.

My serial number is the same [68Cxxx]. The batch number is G21D243F. Mine is also Titanium.

Hey ZJAZZ...

Looks like we're the only ones reporting affliction to this point.

I thought I'd mention that my GPW-T1000 has now been working perfectly for two full days. [The watch is not only keeping perfect time, the same as all my other solar atomics...they are legion in my house...but indicates that it has received the US calibration signal.] Of course, since I don't know what caused the two incidents I've experienced, I don't know if or when it will happen next, which is not a good place to be with a watch.

Each time the second hand has frozen [my second had froze twice at exactly the same place, at about 16 seconds after the minute, pointing toward the TH day indicator], I performed the auto-hand set adjustment that the manual speaks of as a remedy for magnetization...the old "pull the crown out to second position, hold the lower button for ten seconds" routine, and the second hand repositioned correctly.]

Incidentally, and probably irrelevant, I've notice that the little "24 hour" hand, about the second time zone time, is positioned 12 hours off. Do you have this too? It doesn't matter to me, since the second time zone is tracking properly, and the date rolls over to midnight when it should, but it is another oddity of the watch.

I don't know what triggers the second hand freezing. I have discarded my theory that it relates to transition from or to a sleep state occasioned by darkness. Could it be charge level? Don't know. Incidentally, I also adjusted the minute hand through the universally acclaimed ZJAZZ maneuver :) What have you tried with your watch?

Quote Originally Posted by ZJAZZ View Post
    WOW! Incredible that we have exactly the same batch numbers, as well as exactly the same beginning of movement serials (6-2016 and 8-August). So possibly our watches were made together at the same time and it looks like both are affected. Sorry friend!
    /Forrest

No malfunction, just pics

Last edited by yankeexpress; September 5th, 2017 at 23:44.

I'll jump in here, I have the same issue with mine. I had the movement replaced and it still has the issue, lasted about a week, sent it back and had it checked and of course they found no issues? I'm not even convinced they changed the movement out. I didn't think to ask for the original one back until I got the watch back and it still had the issue (stupid me!)

Really disappointing as I like this watch quite alot, but I almost never wear anymore because of this.

Mine used to stop around the 8:00 mark but now it's stopped at one minute past 1:00 and the manual hand reset is not fixing it now.

Where are you guys getting the serial and batch numbers so I can check mine? Are you opening the watch and seeing it inside?

Maybe one of us should try to contact Casio directly and see what they have to say about this? Hopefully more people will chime in so we have more data to support our case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MainePorsche likes this.
    When was it ever a question of need?

Omega: Seamaster DeVille, Speedmaster 3523.80, Doxa: Sub 750T Pro GMT #387, Prometheus: S80 #75 of 150, Seiko: Alarm Chrono H249-5069, Chrono Diver 7T32-7E49, Black Monster SKX779K1, Orange Monster SKX781K1, Blue Sumo SBDC003, 5 Sports Blue Mini Monster, 5 Sports White Mini Monster, 5 Sports WSNK841, Type II 7559-601A, Casio: G-Shock DW-5000, PathFinder PRT-50, G-Shock DW-003, G-Shock GA100A-7A, G-Shock GD100HC-1, G-Shock G9000MS-1 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-2 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-4 Mudman, G-Shock GX56-1A King, G-Shock GW3000B-1A, G-Shock DW6900HM-2, G-ShocK DW6900-1V, SGW-100, G-Shock G5600CC-2DR, G-Shock GXW-56E-1JF King, G-Shock GF-8250ER-2 Frogman, G-Shock DW6930-4ER, G-Shock G-9100-2 Gulfman, G-Shock GX-56-1B King, Citizen: NaviHawk Blue Angels C300-Q00842, Largo Eco Drive BL5142-56P, Promaster 300m Pro Diver BJ8050-08E Ecozilla, Timex: Intelligent Quartz T 2N729, Fossil: Blue Titanium TI-5010, AM-4116, AM-2370, Arkitekt FS-4250...

This may or may not be of any help but mine does not do it. 62Cxxx serial number and batch number G11D053F. Seems like the older non-titanium models are not showing it.
    ZJAZZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mharris660 View Post
    Seems like the older non-titanium models are not showing it.
    I think inmate @Worker's non-titanium did have this issue. If you think about it, why would the issue be limited to only certain external appearances?
    ZJAZZ likes this.

The batch number and serial number are stamped on the back of the watch, at the 6 hand position and the 9 hand position [at least on my watch]. In any event, there is no need to open the watch.

I reset the hands on mine on September 4, about 41 hours ago...so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Olyeller68 View Post
    I'll jump in here, I have the same issue with mine. I had the movement replaced and it still has the issue, lasted about a week, sent it back and had it checked and of course they found no issues? I'm not even convinced they changed the movement out. I didn't think to ask for the original one back until I got the watch back and it still had the issue (stupid me!)

Really disappointing as I like this watch quite alot, but I almost never wear anymore because of this.

Mine used to stop around the 8:00 mark but now it's stopped at one minute past 1:00 and the manual hand reset is not fixing it now.

Where are you guys getting the serial and batch numbers so I can check mine? Are you opening the watch and seeing it inside?

Maybe one of us should try to contact Casio directly and see what they have to say about this? Hopefully more people will chime in so we have more data to support our case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    /Forrest

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information