Resin or Metal

Thread: Resin or Metal

Resin or Metal

I need your help: i can not decide between gw-9010 (resin) or mtg 910 (metal). Wich one lasts longer, is better to wear, will loose colour etc. ?

Re: Resin or Metal

I've got a feeling the Mudman is a better choice.
    Which one do you like the most?

Resin, because if you need a replacement from Casio you might not have to wait.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i like both. but i am afraid, that the metall strap wil look bad when its worn often or will loose the black colour.

lvt

I don't think resin strap can change color, albeit they could break after some years.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

MTG-910 all the way. One of the best looking and most comfortable to wear watches, Casio ever made. The mudman doesn't even come remotely close and its look is - well, let me put it nicely - very "special". Function wise both watches ain't great. The mudman buttons are way too stiff to make them comfortable for daily use and the MTG's buttons are too recessed and small, so you need often your fingernails. A big minus on the MTG is also the lack of a countdown timer.

So if you are on the hunt for wearing comfort and a great looking watch, go with the MTG. If you are looking for maximum functionality, neither one is the best choice.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I thought of the black metall strap of
    the mtg 910, that might loose its colour.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

My girlfriend wears her MTG-910 now since 5 years with heavy (ab)use and almost 24/7. It definitely shows marks and signs but considered the long time, it looks pretty good still.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Btw the two, when i am thinking "G-SHOCK", 99% I'll think of Mudman more so than a MTG. Prob has to do with Muman being marketed as one of the Master of G.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Two rather strikingly different looks with those two watches. I wouldn't worry about wear when talking about a G-Shock. From what I've read, most are pretty comfortable on the wrist, with a few exceptions. Consider more about how you're intending to wear it. If mostly casual and knocking around on the weekends doing activities, go with the GW-9010 Mudman. If going more for business casual, take the MTG-910.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information