Resin quality of Gravitymaster and Gulfmaster

Thread: Resin quality of Gravitymaster and Gulfmaster

Resin quality of Gravitymaster and Gulfmaster

Are they comparable to the GWF-1000 and GW-5000?
    Are the bands as soft and comfortable as those models?

Any input from owners of any/both of these models is much appreciated.
    Last edited by entropy96; May 18th, 2015 at 15:45. Reason: Spell check
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Re: Resin quality of Gravitymaster and Gulfmaster

The carbon fiber bands are nice. The regular resin bands feel similar to the other master of g resin bands. None are as soft as the gw5000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CF band of the GPW1000 is similar to the CF bands on other watches, but maybe a little bit stiffer, and with a slight texturing on the outside. It seems very sturdy and comfortable to me, but others have experienced problems.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gpw...g-1854738.html

The Gulfmaster, on the other hand, is quite soft and supple, and unlike the resin on any other G-Shock I have felt. I find it to be very comfortable, and I have heard of no durability issues (to my knowledge) despite its softness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Models aside I often wonder about resin & if it is made in various locations or
    all at the same?

Because as many have noted some are very supple & others not
    Of course finish has an effect...I am pretty sure glossy is always less supple than matte etc.

But I had wondered for instance you see stamped on the buckle China, Japan or Thailand
    So I wondered if resin is also made at the three locations or just the buckle

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    The CF band of the GPW1000 is similar to the CF bands on other watches, but maybe a little bit stiffer, and with a slight texturing on the outside. It seems very sturdy and comfortable to me, but others have experienced problems.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gpw...g-1854738.html

The Gulfmaster, on the other hand, is quite soft and supple, and unlike the resin on any other G-Shock I have felt. I find it to be very comfortable, and I have heard of no durability issues (to my knowledge) despite its softness.
    I see...

Is the Gulfmaster's band more comfortable than the GWF-1000's or GW-5000's?
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Quote Originally Posted by entropy96 View Post
    I see...

Is the Gulfmaster's band more comfortable than the GWF-1000's or GW-5000's?

To me the Gulfmaster is a bit more comfortable than the GWF-1000. Keep in mind, however, that this is partially because the Gulfmaster fits me better due to the lug design. There is absolutely no "wrist gap" for me on the Gulfmaster. Also, on the GWF-1000 Frogman the perfect fit for me seems to be in between two different strap positions. All that being said, the Gulfmaster definitely has a softer resin than the Frogman as well.

I can't speak much to the comfort of the GW-5000, as I immediately switched mine to the combi bracelet upon purchase, and have no experience wearing the original.

I have noticed a difference in resin according to where the buckle/tang is made.

A couple of weeks ago I got my first Gulfmaster (GWN-1000C-1A) The watch is made in Japan and cased in Thailand, the buckle/tang is made in Japan. Yesterday I got GWN-1000B-1B, watch made and cased in Japan and the buckle is Made in Thailand.

The made in Japan buckle is significantly more robust than the made in Thailand, the keeper is also more robust and the resin strap is thicker and stiffer, and stays in place....

The made in Thailand buckle and keeper are thinner metal than the made in Japan. The resin strap is thinner and softer, and does not stay in place as well as the made in Japan. Its also worth noting that as a result of the above, the Thailand strap wears a little bigger.

Thread Information