Resin, steel, leather. =)
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Resin, steel, leather. =)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Resin, steel, leather. =)

Before I started wearing and collecting G-Shocks, I'm very, VERY used to metal (stainless steel) bracelet. I can wear leather, but I actually liked the feel of metal on my skin more. I definitely didn't think that I'll like resin straps. I had the misconception that it'll feel weird on my skin, that it's like rubber, and that it'll sort of get sticky on my wrist when I sweat.

But now, ever since I started wearing G-Shocks, whenever I need to don a watch with a stainless-steel bracelet for my work, I find it extremely uncomfortable. Anybody with the same predicament?

G-Shock has, made my wrist, a spoiled brat. lol.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Re: Resin, steel, leather. =)

Kind of a similar but yet different scenario for me. I am very used to leather straps. After I got my first G-Shock around 3 years ago, suddenly I found that resin bands are so cool... (Of course, part of the reason is that G-Shock is cool...)

I will wear watches with leather straps to work. While off work, I always prefer G-Shock now!
    Cognac0113 likes this.
    Bucherer | Casio G-Shock | Citizen | Damasko | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Meistersinger | Nomos | Omega | Orient Star | Oris | Seiko | Solvil et Titus | Steinhart | Stowa | Tudor | Vostok

I have always been big fan of rubber straps and g-shock resin is very close to it. I think it depends on a watch itself, some are comfortable on steel bracelet and some more on leather.

I would always choose rubber option when buying new analog watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can't stand metal/bracelets. The idea of them conforming to the wrist sounds nice in theory, but what I find is that the watch never quite sits where I want it to and it is much harder to re-align a bracelet than anything else. Resin solves this problem perfectly - it's sturdy and stays in one place!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

It depends upon the watch (for me anyway). I have a Citizen Eco-drive made of titanium and the bracelet is the most comfortable of any metal bracelet watch I've owned. That's because the inside is nicely contoured and it has smooth edges. I've seen some metal bracelets where the clasp is submerged to make the inside completely smooth (no raised segment due to the fold). Those must be quite comfortable, but they're seen on very expensive watches that I've not manage to own yet. The GW-M5600BC combi bracelet is very comfortable and I won't hesitate to wear it instead of a strap.

But what spoiled me is the GW-5000 resin strap. It's more pliable and soft feeling than a typical 5600 strap. You could easily sleep with it on. I do wonder about the longevity, but honestly if they end up lasting 50% less I don't care--the comfort is well worth it.
    Ottovonn likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I was used to metal bracelets too, but when I started wearing often natos and rubber, I started to hate bracelets and now almost none of my watches are on metal anymore. Needless to say I found that resin is very comfortable too and even better than rubber.
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

I like resin, metal, and natos but I am not a fan of leather. Too hot in the summer and what is the point of water resistance on the watch when you have to worry about getting the band wet?

I don't wear watches on leather but I go back and forth as to the steel. I initially didn't wear many bracelets and found the resin to be very comfortable, but then I got my skx009 and really liked how comfortable the jubilee was and started wearing more bracelets, and then preferred bracelets, but still appreciate how light and soft the resin is, so as a compromise, I got a combi bracelet.

I Like resin the most. It's light, comfortable, and durable.

The main weakness of Resin is the ink stains. Can't remove them from my GSHOCKS. :(

I tried alcohol, warm water, pencil eraser, soap and even bleach. The resin band seems to absorb inks :S

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I like resin, nylon and metal equally but it depends on what watch and in what mood I am. On the contrary, I can't stand leather at all.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information