Restoring an oldie - no rubber gasket available for TS-100

Thread: Restoring an oldie - no rubber gasket available for TS-100

Question Restoring an oldie - no rubber gasket available for TS-100

Hi folks,

I'm wanting to resurrect my old TS-100. The watch case seems to be in good shape and on opening it up the module is in pristine condition. However I can't find a replacement part listed for the rubber gasket - does anyone have access to a database to look up what that might be if it's available at all? Nothing on PacParts listed for it other than replacement bands.

If it's not available, what would my options be? I don't need to go swimming with it, but it would be nice to have it back to its old self.

Suggestions welcome :).

Re: Restoring an oldie - no rubber gasket available for TS-100

Afraid I'm a bit late AND have bad news, but I wanted to reply in case anyone comes across this thread in the future. Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc. used to carry it, but now everything except the band and screws for the back plate have been discontinued. You better get that old gasket to fit...I'm in the same boat sadly.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

The only thing I could find for this was a german company named boley that sell Casio parts but only to retailers in Europe. When searching on their site I found partnr 74203486 itemnr:910374203486 for the O-ring belonging to TS-100-1A.

Here is the site in question:
    Casio - TS-100-1A - boley GmbH

Perhaps you can contact a retailer in Europe and they can perhaps fix this for you.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great news! I'll contact them - hopefully it's still a current item and not just an old listing. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Well, I took my TS-100 apart last night in an effort to resolve the no beeping issue. So apparently, the last place that swapped the battery on the watch lost the spring that touches the case back and makes the sound for the watch. I set out to fix this; and get a stripped screw (ALSO courtesy of the same jewelry store) out. So Casio sent me four new screws and a new band for the watch. Upon opening the case, the gasket expanded and would not go back in. So, I rigged it. I'll explain that in a minute...

I fixed the sound issue by sticking a small length of wire into the hole where the spring goes and leaving it long enough that it would press against the case back once reinstalled. It worked like a charm! My TS-100 has a voice again for the first time in years!

Now for the gasket, I basically used a super tiny bit of super glue to keep the gasket in place in all the curvy spots, and then used a razor blade to cut it in one of the straight sections. Of course, it overlapped due to the expansion, so I trimmed it down till both pieces could fit in the groove of the case again and lined it all up. Then I oiled the whole gasket and replaced the caseback. Now, I know its rigged and I shouldn't trust it for any level of water resistance, but I am confident that it will keep dirt and dust out. Anyway, the bad screw has been removed, the speaker works again, and the gasket is back in place...
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    The only thing I could find for this was a german company named boley that sell Casio parts but only to retailers in Europe. When searching on their site I found partnr 74203486 itemnr:910374203486 for the O-ring belonging to TS-100-1A.

Here is the site in question:
    Casio - TS-100-1A - boley GmbH

Perhaps you can contact a retailer in Europe and they can perhaps fix this for you.
    Link doesn't work. Takes you to a German 404 Not found error...
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Still findable via search, they must regenerate URLs or something. Casio - TS-100-1A - boley GmbH

Quote Originally Posted by Robbi Laurenson View Post
    Still findable via search, they must regenerate URLs or something. Casio - TS-100-1A - boley GmbH
    That worked, thanks. So they say they only sell to dealers and retailers, but they want you to register. So, if an individual registers, will they sell to you? How do they know some guy in America isn't running his own small watch shop or something, LOL...

Nevermind, I tried to sign up and they wanted the names of two suppliers to verify that I am a business...anyone know a couple of suppliers I could list? LOL. I seriously want that replacement case and gaskets...
    Last edited by sirgilbert357; October 28th, 2012 at 14:54.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Thread Information