Result of my G-Shock Purge...........

Thread: Result of my G-Shock Purge...........

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Result of my G-Shock Purge...........

As some of you, i've no doubt, are aware, recently i sold off nearly my entire collection of watches. There were a few Seiko/Citizen divers, but mostly they were G Shocks. My 2 frogmen are still with me but the rest went in the purge.

My aim was for fewer watches, that i would wear more, with one 'grail' watch that i would buy for regular wear.

I now have my grail and thought i'd take a couple of Q&D's to show you fellas

In case you don't know, it's an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm and is one of 2 watches that i have lusted after for a very long time. I am a big lume freak, the lume on this thing is top nothch, easily on a par if not better than Seiko lume (which is saying something!) It took me quite a deal of thought before i decided to sell most of my G's, but in the end i'm not too sad that i did. Besides, like i said - i kept my GW200 and DW8200 Frogs

Plus my G collection has already begun to start again (as i knew it inevitably would) so all is not lost on that front. This little beauty arrived last week, for relatively little money and after a fresh battery, is like it just came out of the factory.........

Rusty

Re: Result of my G-Shock Purge...........

I love that Omega, congrats! What a watch!

And I like that G as well!

Congrats there too!

So far, I want your entire collection!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

very nice, i know what you mean about purges though, quite a few of my G's have gone to new owners, and like you, i also have one incoming! (but its nothing like that one)
    Last edited by lee172; December 19th, 2008 at 19:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There was only one that i was deeply gutted about selling and that was my PRW1100YJT, unfortunately i thought i had to sell it in order to get the Omega, turned out i had enough money in the end i doubt i'll ever find another, it was like new. Went to a very decent sounding chap in Poland though and i know he likes it.

Rusty

Nice Omega! I'm getting rid of some of my G's at the moment, slowly but surely. I've found that now the hunting/hoarding mentality has subsided and I have a more relaxed attitude to them, they're just a part of my life, so to speak. I don't know how to explain it really, but rather than getting excited about ones I haven't got, I'm appreciation the ones I have got more. Some seem destined never to be worn though, and it's time to let those go.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Wink Re: Result of my G-Shock Purge...........

Hi Rusty,

That is a very nice Seamaster. I thought you were aiming for such a watch. Congratulations!

Lee an Rusty, I think a lot G's have found a very happy home and have a very happy owner

Lee, I'm curious what's coming in

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Nice Omega! I'm getting rid of some of my G's at the moment, slowly but surely. I've found that now the hunting/hoarding mentality has subsided and I have a more relaxed attitude to them, they're just a part of my life, so to speak. I don't know how to explain it really, but rather than getting excited about ones I haven't got, I'm appreciation the ones I have got more. Some seem destined never to be worn though, and it's time to let those go.
    Yes Lexx, i think you hit the nail on the head there i had just so many that weren't getting worn. That said, i'm always a sucker for a nice watch at a nice price, especially if it's a model i've never had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Rusty,

That is a very nice Seamaster. I thought you were aiming for such a watch. Congratulations!

Lee an Rusty, I think a lot G's have found a very happy home and have a very happy owner

Cheers,

Sjors
    Hope you enjoy them Sjors, i know they went to a good home Have you got any further sourcing a bezel for the Raysman yet?

Rusty

Love your PO! Does your Casio get any wrist time with the PO around?
    Rolex: Sea-Dweller, SubC, Datejust, BLNR
    Panerai PAM 90, 318
    Breitling: Navitimer, Chronomatic
    Cartier Roadster XL GMT
    Omega SMP Chrono, SMP 2531.8
    Eterna Soleure Moonphase
    Mido: Commander,Multistar
    Casio: GW-9200 Riseman
    , Hope Japan, PAW-1500T
    Seiko: Blue Sumo, SARB065, SARY055, SARY053, SSA169

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Rusty,

Lee, I'm curious what's coming in

Cheers,

Sjors
    well it is a Casio.. but not a G-Shock!

sorry for the G gone in this project but fantastic watch....
    congrats....
    watches are meant to tell times..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information