Retail Prices

Thread: Retail Prices

The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

Retail Prices

I went to local outlet mall yesterday to take a walk around and check out those small jewelry stores and see what they have. I stepped in to one that had 40% off on all G-Shocks. The rep told me that they are authorized distributor and have the best prices locally. I saw a black DW6900MS like the one in the pic:

(pic from timelovers.xxx)
    and figured, at 40% off with $99 retail (per gshock site) I can have it for $60+tax, best deal that I have seen. So I ask to see the watch. The sales guys hands it to me, I look at it, turn it around, and what do I see? A price marked at $150.00!!!! I ask the guy, how much it is and he says, $90+tax after discount. I told him that the retail on it is $99, not $150, but he would not budge. He also told me that he guarantees that I will not find lower price locally. I usually do not see that kind of activity, but I also am not familiar with all the retail prices. It kind of makes me mad that some unsuspected person will think they are getting a great deal, when in fact they are getting stiffed.
    So anyway, I guess, that was the last time I went to that store.
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

Re: Retail Prices

Wow, other than ebay, I have never seen a retailer blantantly mark up a G.
    MINE:
    Orsa Military
    PRG-110G

HER'S:
    G5600CC-2
    GLX5600A-3
    Baby-G BG-169A

On the other end of the spectrum, I picked up a GW200TC-3V in a Sunglasses Hut outlet a couple days ago. I saw it on the bottom corner of the rack, and asked the salesman what the price was. The guy tells me $49, but I missed the 50% off sale this past weekend (!). I turn it over and sure enough the tag on the back was marked with a simple $49 sticker. He couldn't even find the box or manual for it, but I didn't care. I was also getting the wife a new pair of sunglasses, but kept a poker face right up until I stepped foot out of the door. With a third froggie of course!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is a long standing saying: "buyer beware".

Retail sales is notorious for setting the price for merchandise, at any number they choose to. Lying about the MSRP (manufacturers _suggested_ retail price) is very common.

Just like many people believe big box stores like Costco have the lowest prices. As an example, the one near me routinely has people lining up their cars for gas. They charge an average of 20 cents a gallon _higher_ than the local station across the street. Yet people assume Costco is less. Funny how it is.

The only way to shop is to _know_ the prices first. Otherwise you may lose.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    There is a long standing saying: "buyer beware".

Retail sales is notorious for setting the price for merchandise, at any number they choose to. Lying about the MSRP (manufacturers _suggested_ retail price) is very common.

Just like many people believe big box stores like Costco have the lowest prices. As an example, the one near me routinely has people lining up their cars for gas. They charge an average of 20 cents a gallon _higher_ than the local station across the street. Yet people assume Costco is less. Funny how it is.

The only way to shop is to _know_ the prices first. Otherwise you may lose.

Cheers...
    Funny thing about those lines at costco most folks wait in line for several min to get to the pump. I think it costs them more in lost time waiting then the save. but hey thats just me

That guy stinks. I guess you only recorse is to buy it eleswhere

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Thread Information